Lush Violas
    Lush Cellos
    Lush Basses
    Violin 1 Gagliano KS Solo

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/Serenade.mp3

Regards,

Larry A.

Re: "Serenade"

Larry, very classy and tasteful piece! I liked the virtuoso licks on the solo violin at the beginning.

I think it needs more reverb to make it sound more "in the room". Also, I kept wanting the soloist to come back, especially toward the end.

Excellent work!

Quote Originally Posted by danveach
    Larry, very classy and tasteful piece! I liked the virtuoso licks on the solo violin at the beginning.

I think it needs more reverb to make it sound more "in the room". Also, I kept wanting the soloist to come back, especially toward the end.

Excellent work!
    Thank you, Daniel.

I will certainly take your good suggestions into consideration.

When I tried more reverb, the sound became muddy and everything seemed to "run together". I am using the Kontakt reverb that is a part of their full version.

Regards,

Larry A.

aagh! don't use ye old kontakt reverb.

seriously larry a fine piece of music, i too wanted to hear the solo come back but.

slán

mick ó c

Quote Originally Posted by ailteoir
    aagh! don't use ye old kontakt reverb.

seriously larry a fine piece of music, i too wanted to hear the solo come back but.

slán

mick ó c
    I use it because I can't determine how to set up and use the Ambience reverb that comes with the Garritan sample library. Duh!

I have a fine rack-mounted Alesis MIDIverb IV reverb unit that I probably should use also.

Thanks and regards,

Larry A.

My goodness Larry, this is a change, and it shows that even Techsuns have another side . The violin programming is very creditable indeed. I also loved the way the strings came in at 1:07. For ages you played the samples out of the box to the extent I thought at one point you had used an organ automatic accompaniment....and I said so....(fool that I am)

You really put a lot of MIDI work into this and the realism really shines through in comparison. You say " what does a goddamn tea sipper know about anything?" and I say "I say, what does a jolly old chap from England know about anything?"

Whatever...this is a great effort Larry

Warm regards (but not to the level of indecency)

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    My goodness Larry, this is a change, and it shows that even Techsuns have another side . The violin programming is very creditable indeed. I also loved the way the strings came in at 1:07. For ages you played the samples out of the box to the extent I thought at one point you had used an organ automatic accompaniment....and I said so....(fool that I am)

You really put a lot of MIDI work into this and the realism really shines through in comparison. You say " what does a goddamn tea sipper know about anything?" and I say "I say, what does a jolly old chap from England know about anything?"

Whatever...this is a great effort Larry

Warm regards (but not to the level of indecency)

Frank
    I say! Thank you for these very kind comments, Frank. By Jove, your words make it worthwhile to continue writing and I appreciate that.

Actually, I wrote this yesterday morning while reading the newspaper, so it isn't veddy complicated. (It's difficult to characterize a British accent in this manner...with words on a computer screen.)

My best wishes for a wonderful new year.

Larry A.

I have had requests for me to add the Gagliano solo violin to the end of this work. I will rewrite it and do that.

Thanks and regards,

Larry A.

If you're using GPO Studio, just click on Ambience in the lower right corner and select the type of room you want (Ballroom 1 is the default, I think, and a good one to try first). You don't have to mess with the dials. I don't know what program you're using, but you can preview different settings in Finale, and then Studio automatically applies the selected reverb when you record. (Don't know anything about using it in sequencers, unfortunately.)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    I say! Thank you for these very kind comments, Frank. By Jove, your words make it worthwhile to continue writing and I appreciate that.

Actually, I wrote this yesterday morning while reading the newspaper, so it isn't veddy complicated. (It's difficult to characterize a British accent in this manner...with words on a computer screen.)

My best wishes for a wonderful new year.

Larry A.
    LOL....Jolly good show, Laurence old chap.....! I hope you have a great 2005 with your operations behind you.

Toodlepip!

Frank

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast