• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale and QLSO

Share/Bookmark

Finale and QLSO

I'm just wondering whether anyone has heard that Finale 2006 will be able to load plug-in instruments so all of us notation guys can finally use our Gold and Silver libraries in our sketches. Sibelius apparently can do this as does Overture (for GPO).

Re: Finale and QLSO

MakeMusic don't usually announce new features until the upgrade is about to be released. My guess is we won't hear about it until Summer NAMM.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

I don't believe either Sibelius or Overture can do this, although I could be wrong about Overture. I know Sibelius can't.

I'm just guessing here, but I would bet that if any of these programs decide to tackle the issue, they won't do it by adding the ability to host plug-ins natively. I think they'd be more likely to offer a stand-alone VST host program, similar to GPO Studio, but able to host other plug-ins as well. Such programs already exist, but I'd bet that MakeMusic et al. will offer versions of these host programs that are customized to interface with their particular notation program.

But I'm just guessing, so I'm probably completely wrong.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum