• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Erlking for Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

The Erlking for Orchestra

Hey Everyone,

Well, here's the orchestration that I was talking about yesterday on the chat. I've taken one of my alltime favorite tunes, The Erlking by Franz Schubert, and orchestrated it for full orchestra (with no percussion as of yet.)

here's the link:

http://www.jonnylostinc.com/The%20Erlking.mp3

I used a mix of keyswitch, regular, agressive and overlay patches. As usual, the levels are not correct, but this is a rough mix. Once I add percussion, I'll fine tune it.

Also, here's the link for my mock-up of Bartok's Music for Strings, Percussion and Celesta.

http://www.jonnylostinc.com/Music%20...%20Celesta.mp3

Give these a listen and please, let me know what you think.

Talk to you all soon,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: The Erlking for Orchestra

Nice job on the Schubert piece! Ol' Franz would be pleased.

Outstanding use of dynamics. I enjoyed it.

Regards,

Larry A.

Hey Neo and Larry,

Thanks for the comments. Neo, great ear. I knew that there was a wrong note in there. I just kept forgetting to go back and fix it. I'll change it when I do the final mix. I'll probably add some percussion tonight.

Larry, I really tried to use the orchestra to its best. The main reason that I did this was because I've been arguing with some friends of mine that say you can't get very dramatic with GPO. Of course, I told them to rot! :-)

Well, need to go to work. Thatnks for the comments. I'll post the finished product soon.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Johnny,
    Very exciting orchestration, and as Larry says, excellent use of dynamics. I like the way the triplets trade off through the piece. The French Horn entry at :40 is a bit indistinct, might consider the Ag horn, or a little more space between the notes. Great job!

Go Back to forum