• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Happy with RMX, not happy with authorization

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Happy with RMX, not happy with authorization

Hi everyone,

First I'd like to wish you all a very, very good 2005

When I got RMX I installed and authorized it. I played some grooves and I'm really impressed!! But I wanted to test RMX with a different soundcard and then the troubles began, because I had to authorize RMX again. No problem I thought, but when I put the original card back, I had to authorize it again!!
    I made a back-up of the C: partition (with Norton's Ghost), put a different soundcard in my computer, had to authorize RMX again.

I thought I was safe this time for I had made a back-up which contained the authorized RMX. No way! I had to authorize RMX again and this time I got a message to contact Spectrasonics, which I did. I hope to get a reply next Monday.

Lesson learned: don't authorize RMX when testing different soundcards. But I still wonder why I can't use the back-up. I also have Atmosphere and NI Kontakt and those stay authorized even when I put a different soundcard in the computer or when I use the back-up.

Btw: I use Windows XP SP1 and Sonar 4 as a host.

Wished it were Monday

So again, don't authorize RMX when you plan to do some testing with different soundcards!!

Smile Re: Happy with RMX, not happy with authorization

Authorizing problems with Spectrasonics all around.
    A friend of mine can not authorize her Stylus. (OSX update via joiner, etc)
    I can not authorize my brandnew Atmosphere and Trilogy.

This must be structural. Untill today Spectrasonics advises me to do everything I already did several times. (Read pdf, install with joiner, update plug in, make alias of .dat etc.) My friend did the same several times.
    No result.

I don't believe that we all suffer from the same stupidities while installing.
    The installation procedure is not fool proof anyway, but it rather seems that there is some kind of bug in their authorizing software.

Re: Happy with RMX, not happy with authorization

Quote Originally Posted by DivarU

So again, don't authorize RMX when you plan to do some testing with different soundcards!!
    No worries. Just use demo mode when trying different hardware.

There's absolutely no problem to get the authorizations you need try to different configurations. We don't have a fixed limit, and authorized users can get as many auths as they need to run it on as many systems as the need.

So you don't need to try and 'backup" your auths.

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by TomPush
    The installation procedure is not fool proof anyway, but it rather seems that there is some kind of bug in their authorizing software.
    Be sure to contact tech support directly with the issues you are having. The authorization/security system is different for various products, so your issues are not likely the same as your friends or with RMX users.

It's usually faster to deal with authorization issues through tech support, since they can pinpoint your specific problem. It can be many different things (transposed numbers, extra spaces, wrong number in the wrong place, etc) and is usually a very easy thing to solve. Our system works very well for thousands of users every day.

spectrum

Yeah, I had trouble but not too much that I didn't figure it out myself in a couple minutes...It seems when I did a copy and paste of the code I missed the very last % character at the end of it all when I copied and it DOES make a diiference! Good Luck guys....

Thumbs up Re: Happy with RMX, not happy with authorization

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    No worries. Just use demo mode when trying different hardware.

There's absolutely no problem to get the authorizations you need try to different configurations. We don't have a fixed limit, and authorized users can get as many auths as they need to run it on as many systems as the need.

So you don't need to try and 'backup" your auths.

spectrum
    Thanks Eric,

I received a new authorization. RMX is up and running again.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Be sure to contact tech support directly with the issues you are having. The authorization/security system is different for various products, so your issues are not likely the same as your friends or with RMX users.
    spectrum
    I did contact them via email. The answer was rather 'automatic', assuming that I did the OS9 installation procedure, instead of OSX (with the joiner, etc). I did not expect that conclusion because I wrote that both Trilogy and Atmosphere appeared in the VST instrument panels.

I played around with those really fantastic libraries! For 48 hours only.
    Then I was cut off and new authorization procedures did not help.
    Now that I smelled and tasted it I want more.... but it will take another few days before I get the next answer. I 'd better call them tonight. (From the Netherlands)

Eric, I appreciate very much that you literally show your face in this forum, and - impatient as I am - can I already ask you this:
    When I just copy and paste challenge numbers and response codes, what else can go wrong? (I also typed them carefully. Did not help either.)

PS. The similar authorization problem of my friend with Stylus is about the OSX update of the Vinyl Groove version. I installed my RMX directly from the CD's and that worked OK.

I found it!!
    Copy and paste of the challenge code does not seem to work.

I gave it another try. This time I kept both web authorization and Cubase windows open and I noticed that the code I copied and pasted was completely different from the given challenge code in the Cubase window.
    After I typed that code I could finally authorize.

Addendum

Strange is that I have typed the code before, during one of the former tries, I don not remember which circumstances were different, but I vagely remember that I just retyped the copied code.

Hello Eric,

Just to clarify, if I pick up Stylus RMX, I can install it on both my tower and laptop without running out of authorizations? Kontakt based instruments generally come with 2 machine authorizations, so I guess the same is true from Stylus?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Go Back to forum