• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Synful orchestra.. anyone try this yet?

Share/Bookmark

Synful orchestra.. anyone try this yet?

I just got this email out of the blue:

There is a new kind of synthesizer called Synful Orchestra that is
    smart
    about articulations -- runs, legato, detache etc. You can hear it at
    www.synful.com. I have done examples of Rite of Spring, Beethoven
    String
    Quartet and others, using this synth. You can listen to these on the
    site.
    It is much easier to be expressive and to achieve natural phrasing with
    this
    synth.

Thanks,

Eric Lindemann

Check out the site. It's quite interesting.
    Anthony Lombardi, composer
    www.anthonylombardi.com

Re: Synful orchestra.. anyone try this yet?

Eric's demos are totally mind boggling....I don't believe that ANY of the current libraries at any cost could replicate them....they are fabulously realistic. I even liked the Rites of Spring and I don't like the Rites of Spring! The Beethoven is unbelievable......excuse me for a moment.....I need to head for my superlative dictionary.

Nothing, just nothing stands still in this business. It's early days....but is this the most realistic yet? On first hearing.....a resounding YES!! This is quite extraordinarily real and expressive. Especially the solo strings!

Eric, the results you've achieved are out of this world...it's not ridiculously expensive either although, as an add on, $200 would be a better fit with an exisisting, full orchestral library? ( I just bought GOLD)....the way things are going! I like the way Tony has just casually introduced this post addressing what seems to be a great break through!!! Talk about understatment.....

I tell you what....this has got to be worth getting as an add on for any existing library for solo strings, woodwind and brass....I've heard nothing like this before.....hell, I do believe I'm starting to like atonal, dissonant music....HELP ME!!

It makes you wonder what else is in the wings.

Frank

PS Is this exciting?.....yes it is!!! Am I excited?....Yes I am! Thinks.....must go back and read up to see if there are any warts.....

well, considering its a synth, the demos sound way better than I expected.

also, no more "synthy" comments on demos...its already a synth

Luca
    Last edited by Lux; 12-25-2004 at 05:36 AM.

I have very mixed feelings about the demos. Demo 1 "Beethoven String Quartet" was actually very good indeed. However the other 3 demos sound very sythy and not very real imo. So i'm not to sure on how this "library" sounds overall. It IS basically a sample library, just it uses a "legato" type tool to piece together the "samples".

I like what they have tried to do. But I'm pretty sure the competition has nothing to worry about. Personally I dont think VSL is going to be worried at all. However, having said that though I have not played with the demo or tested it myself. So my opinions could change. Another thing is that makes this product seem less that perfect is the entire Synful Orchestra is compressed into a 45mb download. So with that in mind it seems very expensive for what you get... Ok i know you are meant to be buying a "synth". But I mean why the heck would you want an "orchestra synth" when there is so many great sounding libraries out there.

Hey Tony, I cant find a complete patches list, do you know where they are?

Thanks
    Luca

I can't test it. It's not compatible with Windows 98 . But the first two demos sounded extremely well.

Testing now,

well, I guess it could seriously move the "sketch" libs market, because is very easy to use and not cpu hungry at all. I'm adding instruments over instruments and I'm still under 10% cpu usage.

Luca

i don't believe it .. the strings quartet demo sounds incredible good

Lux, what do you "feel" when playing, let's say, the woodwinds? The strings and winds sound very expressive!

However the brass don't sound as good as the strings quartet ( by listening to the demos)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast