• Register
  • Help

Topic: Democrat = Republican?

Share/Bookmark

Democrat = Republican?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...home-headlines

How bad an administration do we need to have before we realize that trying to out-Republican the Republicans a) is wrong and b) doesn't work?

We need a liberal party in this country SO badly.

Re: Democrat = Republican?

I don't think that the key is to be liberal. The key is to have vision and goals.

But if the vision is to appeal to more voters and the goal is to gain power - or at least to blunt the opposition's power, that's pretty weak. Good riddance, Terry McAuliffe.

Regarding abortion, I think the Democrats should take strong actions to reduce the *need* for abortions. And to ridicule the Republicans for trying to criminalize it. If done right, the Democrats are then the party of positive action, and the Republicans are just finger waggers. It's time to belly up and take a stand. Avoiding the topic for fear of offending somebody is just stupid.

-JF

I think the key is to have liberal goals.

And the idea of taking steps to reduce the number of abortions is great. The problem is that the only way to do that is to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies, and the same bovinity responsible for having this monstrous administration in power is against anything that will accomplish that.

As I've said before, I sympathize greatly with people who view abortion as murder. It took us five years to get pregnant with all kinds of high-tech help, so believe me I see both sides very clearly. (Actually, I saw them clearly before that, but this really brought it home.)

Yet why is it that the people who are so opposed to abortion rights are the ones opposed to everything that's going to increase the use of birth control? That's the only thing that will reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies. Abstinence sure isn't going to catch on.

Huh.. oh, sorry.. I read the subject of the thread and thought it was about Zell Miller. *cough*traitor*cough*
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

I thought this was about Arlen*cough*traitor*Specter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf

Yet why is it that the people who are so opposed to abortion rights are the ones opposed to everything that's going to increase the use of birth control? That's the only thing that will reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies. Abstinence sure isn't going to catch on.
    Wow. We agree on something.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Go Back to forum