• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone know why my keyboard reads notes 1 step down?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone know why my keyboard reads notes 1 step down?

I keep having a random problem with my controller that will play notes a whole step down from what I'm playing. Some times it's even like 4 or 5 steps down. It happens in both giga studio and kontact in such things like the GPO. It does not always do this but it does repeat this bug on several oocasions any clue on how to fix it?
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

Re: Anyone know why my keyboard reads notes 1 step down?

Have you looked at the output in a seqencer? That might be useful, so you'll know for sure that it's the keyboard doing it and not a software glitch in your sequencer. If so, reinstall your sequencing software.

If it's the keyboard, I'd do a hard reset. Then if that doesn't do it, see whether there's a PRAM battery inside (one of those lithium ion things) that needs replacing. Sometimes they solder those batteries inside, which is incredibly stupid, but they last years and years so you don't have to unsolder them very often.

Re: Anyone know why my keyboard reads notes 1 step down?

I've had that happen when mixing Giga and GPO. I think that the sample rate of the audio card gets confused when running them together.

-JF

Go Back to forum