• Register
  • Help

Topic: PMI Backlog

Share/Bookmark

PMI Backlog

I see several members have brought questions to Michiel Post direct through the forum here. I've waited for several months to get a response on one, now two e-mails, so under the assumption I might be doing something wrong, I thought I might try for an answer (from someone) here. My questions related to several anomalies in the sample libraries on the 'Giga Collection' DVDs. Fortepiano, French Harpsichord, Virginal with slow (very slow) attacks, the Virginal with extremely loud release samples, and a duplicated top Bb on the Estonia Grand with pedal down on what should be the top B natural. Also, I tried to order the Giga 3 updates on The Old Lady and The Emperor, but as yet have no idea if I have done 'everything correctly' - no confirmatory e-mail, etc, so I sit in the dark and wonder (till now). Actually, I haven't used my Giga 2 The Emperor much at all, middle C sounds un-natural, unfocused, so that's a bit of a problem. Also some very 'hard-edged' attacks on many notes (might me updates for this effect). The Old Lady is a different story, looking forward to working with the Giga 3 libraries.

Unhappy Re: PMI Backlog

My first impulse would be to say join the club. I'm waiting to hear back regarding a problem with my Emperor disk. So, I haven't played much with the Emperor either, lol. I've only written one note though and it's only been a week. I'm thinking that Michiel is probably completely swamped trying to fulfill the rest of the Group Buy orders... seeing as how I think the last one just ended this past Friday.

I'm going to sit tight a bit and follow up in a few days if I don't hear anything.

The Old Lady is incredible to say the least, which only makes having to wait for a working Emperor all the more frustrating but I'm sure it will be worth it!

Re: PMI Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Seq
    I'm waiting to hear back regarding a problem with my Emperor disk.
    Hi Seq, can you email me again with your request? All my emails have been answered and if we did not reply this means we probably never received your message.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by stephenphillips
    I see several members have brought questions to Michiel Post direct through the forum here. I've waited for several months to get a response on one, now two e-mails, so under the assumption I might be doing something wrong, I thought I might try for an answer (from someone) here. My questions related to several anomalies in the sample libraries on the 'Giga Collection' DVDs. Fortepiano, French Harpsichord, Virginal with slow (very slow) attacks, the Virginal with extremely loud release samples, and a duplicated top Bb on the Estonia Grand with pedal down on what should be the top B natural. Also, I tried to order the Giga 3 updates on The Old Lady and The Emperor, but as yet have no idea if I have done 'everything correctly' - no confirmatory e-mail, etc, so I sit in the dark and wonder (till now). Actually, I haven't used my Giga 2 The Emperor much at all, middle C sounds un-natural, unfocused, so that's a bit of a problem. Also some very 'hard-edged' attacks on many notes (might me updates for this effect). The Old Lady is a different story, looking forward to working with the Giga 3 libraries.
    Hi Stephen,

Check your private mail. I'm answering your message dated Dec 4 now.

The GS3 update for your Old Lady and EMPEROR order was received (but since it was a free update there was no payment and so it turns out...) it was unprocessed! Sorry, we'll send the GOLD BUNDLE out today.

Regarding the other issues: there are updates on our website www.postpiano.com for the Estonia. Just select the update button, then select your instrument and format. The database shows you the updates that are available.
    The Historic keyboards. Have no update the things you mention will be looked at. Most of the attack times can easily changed by setting new sample start points or adjusting the Envelope Generator Attack setting. Same for the Release samples in the Virginal. If you need a step-by-step instruction I'll call you while you are behind Giga to guide you trough the process.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Michiel, thank you for posting to this thread. I've sent you a note. I'm embarrassed to say that I am still on AOL... so perhaps my message to you got lost along the way somehow.

I was worried but mine shipped Dec 9. Didnt get here till the 18th

Finally Used it last night and it is definitely worth the wait This puppy is fantastic......

Go Back to forum