• Register
  • Help

Topic: 7 Day wait for RMX :-(

Share/Bookmark

7 Day wait for RMX :-(

Sure, we live in the "i need it yesterday" society - but, i just ordered RMX this morning, hoping to have a toy to play with over the holiday - so i selected Overnight Shipping .... get to final page .. and ...

"Due to high order volume, please allow up to 7 days for your order to be processed. You will be notified when your order has shipped."

Please!! Say it isn't so !!! Spectrum, can you ship it to the North Pole .... maybe Santa can deliver it with my kid's junk :-)

Thanks
    Scott

Re: 7 Day wait for RMX :-(

Nevermind - just got shipping notice :-)

Just got it !!!

All i can say is

wow !!!

Now what add-on pack wouldbe best for straight-up rock (grooves and fills) ?

Quote Originally Posted by SWL
    Just got it !!!

All i can say is

wow !!!

Now what add-on pack wouldbe best for straight-up rock (grooves and fills) ?
    Backbeat

Thanks !

The demos sound great!

Backbeat does have some very good straight rock patterns but tends to sound a little 'clean' IMHO. I always think it sounds like I've got one of Steely Dan's drummers playing on the track. I find the groove comes out sounding a little 'west coast laid back' (obviously, sometimes this might be exactly what you want for the track).

You can get a more grungy lo-fi type sound for rock by layering some of the simpler RMX groove elements (hi-hat loop layered onto a bass drum loop layered onto a snare loop and so on) to construct some rock patterns.

Worth a try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercloud
    I find the groove comes out sounding a little 'west coast laid back'
    thats apparently were it has its name from *kiddin*

Go Back to forum