• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Series Strings : Question ???

Share/Bookmark

Question Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Series Strings : Question ???

I have GPO and have just got EWQLSO Gold in the group buy , is there anything for me to gain by snapping up Kirks Virtuoso Series Strings
    in his clearance sale ?

Will I get any extra articulations that I don't have in GPO and Gold ?
    How well does the giga version import into Kontakt 1.5 ?
    Will it mix well with GPO and Gold ?

Re: Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Series Strings : Question ???

well to put it in perspective these were $1000 in 1999
    for $99 they are worth the risk.

I layer them with GOS Lite with good results.
    You can check out the articulations: They can also be used
    for mock ups and replaced with Gold if you have memory limitations.

Where is this being offered?

thanks,
    DLevy
    mgr, Legacy Lab

Quote Originally Posted by labcomp
    Where is this being offered?

thanks,
    DLevy
    mgr, Legacy Lab
    Right here >>> http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/

$99 for Virtuosos, $26 for Jaeger Violins, $65 for Ultimate Strings (after discount.. at Sounds On Line), and $84 or so for Session Strings: A lot of inexpensive options to supplement ones library.

I have not yet heard a library with as dramatic a violin section as Kirks. To me his violins (more specifically his 24violin expressive patches) are worth the price alone. I'm afraid I don't feel the same for the rest of the library, although the bass sustain patches are the fattest out there.

Quote Originally Posted by moosethree
    $99 for Virtuosos, $26 for Jaeger Violins, $65 for Ultimate Strings (after discount.. at Sounds On Line), and $84 or so for Session Strings: A lot of inexpensive options to supplement ones library.
    hmmm i was thinking of getting the ultimate strings, how do i get the discount?

If you had a choice, is session strings or ultimate strings better?

RonC

Quote Originally Posted by A_Sapp
    I have not yet heard a library with as dramatic a violin section as Kirks. To me his violins (more specifically his 24violin expressive patches) are worth the price alone. I'm afraid I don't feel the same for the rest of the library, although the bass sustain patches are the fattest out there.
    Curious if your comments are referring specifically to Kirk's Virtuoso Strings, or the new Concert Strings?

I don't own any of Kirks stuff, but I've tried working with them. His strings has got plenty of "bite" and is very efficient to layer on top of other strings in faster passager and where the strings should play rather aggresive. Ehm .. I'm talking about his former stuff though, but the test Gig you got from kirkhunter studios site sounded quite "bity" as well.
    Kid: When I become an adult I wanna be a musician.
    Parent: Son, you cannot become both.

Ultimate Strings has some nice staccatos, particularily the 'cellos. Kirk Hunter Strings never sounded right to my ears. I find most of his strings from that collection way to aggresive and downright 'schmaltzy' sounding and the basses are odd sounding to me.

The EWQLSO and GPO and even the Roland SRX strings are just way better so why throw money away?

If you want to have more string choices, just save for the GOS full set. It's going to be programmed to work in Kontakt like GPO does now.

But.....

Actually there are going to be some anouncements at NAMM concerning several new 'inexpensive' orchestral libraries from some large and small developers.

I would hang on to all my money until then to see what appears. Might be VERY interesting. The Orchestral Library Wars are heating up...

Go Back to forum