Topic: A new boring topic

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy A new boring topic

sponsored links

***Advertisments***

Re: A new boring topic

Thanks Giorgio

And yet people in this country ignore that kind of report and keep blathering about how we're spreading democracy. It's just astounding how anyone could have voted for Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    And yet people in this country ignore that kind of report and keep blathering about how we're spreading democracy. It's just astounding how anyone could have voted for Bush.
    And that is exactly why i keep bringing up the topic of Social Psychology, i mean why is it that there is hardly any serious debate? people only seem to feel secure when they discuss topics they think everyone else are discussing. That is also why i started the post about feeling out of tune with reality, the deeper you go into these stories the more surreal reality becomes, people become happy in their ignorance, i mean i have a friend who was telling me about problems he has blanking out, anyway he told me he went to the doctor to do a scan, and i cracked a joke that when the doctor did a scan of his brain he found that there was no problem because there was no brain to scan, and he laughed and took a certain pride that there was no brain, like its a positive thing and that thinking is not benefical, there really is a stigma against rational inquiry amongst huge portions of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    I don't think it's all that astounding. Most people don't really give a sh*t who's in office. They don't see it making a difference in their lives. They think all politicians are jerks or idiots (and they may be right) and the less they hear about politics, the better.

And when you have the press cheerleading for Bush.... No surprises.

Although this time around more people voted for Kerry, but that's a different story.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    I don't think it's all that astounding. Most people don't really give a sh*t who's in office. They don't see it making a difference in their lives. They think all politicians are jerks or idiots (and they may be right) and the less they hear about politics, the better.

And when you have the press cheerleading for Bush.... No surprises.

Although this time around more people voted for Kerry, but that's a different story.
    The sad part of course is that they are completely wrong!! and that it does make a difference to their lives, and it certainly would of made a difference to all the dead Iraqi's. The aggenda by the establishment has been totally successful they have for the most part an apethetic disorientated herd.

Assuming that it is even a true story... How did this guy ever make through basic training? He shouldn't have been in the military in the first place. Either that, or the army failed in their training of him. (paraphrasing).." I joined the military so I could have money for school and travel, Can you believe they actually want me to do what I'm trained for and go fight? Go to drill one time per month?" I am betting that the rest of the guys in his unit are thanking God he is out or will be out as he was probably a huge danger to them also.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Go Back to forum