• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Topic: "Woodwind Quintet #07" (Not another one!)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Woodwind Quintet #07"

    This is my "Woodwind Quintet #07".


    http://www.alexandermusic.com/musicf...dQuintet07.mp3


    GPO Instruments:
    Flute Solo V
    Oboe 1 Modern Solo
    Bb Clarinet Solo
    Horn 1 Solo KS
    Bassoon 1 Solo


    My mix isn't good on this work. I apologize for that. (I'm still learning.) I will redo it as soon as I can.

    Best regards to all,

    Larry A.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Thumbs up Re: "Woodwind Quintet #07" (Not another one!)

    As always, I love your demos. Really shows what can be accomplished with the solo instruments.
    Which reminds me. A conductor asked me if I wouldn't mind playing solo. So he took my chair away and said, now you'll play so low nobody will hear you!
    Styxx

  3. #3

    Re: "Woodwind Quintet #07" (Not another one!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    As always, I love your demos. Really shows what can be accomplished with the solo instruments.
    Which reminds me. A conductor asked me if I wouldn't mind playing solo. So he took my chair away and said, now you'll play so low nobody will hear you!
    (Brief drumroll...Rimshot...Zildjian cymbal crash...applause)

    Thanks Mike.

    Regards,

    Larry A.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: "Woodwind Quintet #07" (Not another one!)

    Oh, BTW - As long as I can hear every instrument clearly, the mix is fine.
    Styxx

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK- teeming with life....
    Posts
    2,567

    Re: "Woodwind Quintet #07" (Not another one!)

    Will someone please pull his plug out before he overcomposes!!!

    Seriously, another cracker Larry. I thought that some of your recent pieces had an Alpine/German band feel whereas I thought this had a ragtime feel at times. Although it went German Ompah in the middle for a while. I liked it!

    'The Tea Sipper'!

  6. #6

    Talking Re: "Woodwind Quintet #07" (Not another one!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Will someone please pull his plug out before he overcomposes!!!

    Seriously, another cracker Larry. I thought that some of your recent pieces had an Alpine/German band feel whereas I thought this had a ragtime feel at times. Although it went German Ompah in the middle for a while. I liked it!

    'The Tea Sipper'!
    Thank you, Frank. I was trying to win one for The Sipper.

    (Groan)

    Retards,

    Ol' Larry

  7. #7

    Re: "Woodwind Quintet #07"

    This composition required much work. This is a bump.

    Larry A.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: "Woodwind Quintet #07" (Not another one!)

    Bimp!
    Styxx

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Isle of Wight, England
    Posts
    79

    Re: "Woodwind Quintet #07" (Not another one!)

    Larry,

    Do you have an army of composing elves enslaved in your studio?

    Have do you have the time to write so much? Do you work really fast?

    Please share some of your secrect to being so prolific with the rest of us.

    Mark.
    As in music - so in life!

  10. #10

    Re: "Woodwind Quintet #07" (Not another one!)

    Quote Originally Posted by musomark
    Larry,

    Do you have an army of composing elves enslaved in your studio?

    Have do you have the time to write so much? Do you work really fast?

    Please share some of your secrect to being so prolific with the rest of us.

    Mark.
    Mark,

    Hahahaha! My secret is the fact that I have been around a looooooong time (plus the fact that I have several composing elves enslaved in my studio).

    Some of my works that you may have heard may have been written fifty years ago (or more). I put most of my music on manuscript paper through the years. From time to time I dig some of them out and digitally convert them to MIDI and then to GPO. For instance, I wrote my first woodwind quintet when I was about twelve or thirteen. I penned my first piano work at around six. My Father (the church choir director) had me standing in front of the group singing solos at age seven. As with any other kid, I did this very reluctantly.

    When I write new things in the present day, musical ideas come very quickly and I enter them directly into my computer, bypassing the manuscript paper.

    My best to you and Merry Christmas!

    Larry A.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •