• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: KIRK HUNTER CONCERT STRINGS NOW SHIPPING

Share/Bookmark

KIRK HUNTER CONCERT STRINGS NOW SHIPPING

US Customers - Shipped Friday, 17 Dec with complementary upgrade from ground to FedEx 3-day.

International Orders - begin shipping Monday, 20 December.

Peter Alexander
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Re: KIRK HUNTER CONCERT STRINGS NOW SHIPPING

Hurray! That is good news. Congratulations to both yourself and Kirk -- you must have really burned the midnight oil lately! Looking forward to the library...

I just received my 16 DVD "spindle" today via FedEx (Monday, Dec. 20th).

Martin, how about some comments ASAP?

Smile Re: KIRK HUNTER CONCERT STRINGS NOW SHIPPING

How about some demos ASAP?

Even better.

Received the library today as well. Don't have a lot of time to play with them, but did unload the 'combination' strings in the far mic position (with all instruments on one keymap). I must admit I was a bit skeptical from the demos on KH.com, but my first impressions from playing these combo files has put my fears to rest. The strings sound great! They are generally very big sounding -- more so than most of the other libraries I have heard. I think John Fairhurst mentioned he felt they had almost a human voice quality to them, and I would have to concur with that. There are many articulations available, and they all sound well executed. My biggest fear from the demos was that the attacks lacked enough bite in general, but there are many "hard sustains" (with and without vibrato) and short note articulations with plenty of bite to the attack.

So far looks like a very worthwhile investment (especially at the intro price ) -- and I still have 15 dvd's to go!

Will post more as I learn more.

Any new impressions of the strings? I'm eagerly waiting for comments as I would rather get a new kind of string sound to support my existing libraries than get the EWQLSO Gold as I have the Silver and propably will get the Silver Pro. Any comments before the Gold group buy is over would be appreciated. Even if the Gold + Gold Pro at 30 gigs (?) for $995 is a decent price it is nothing compared to 300 gigs (!?!) for the same price.

More impressed as I dive in -- particularly by the amount of excellent sounding options available, such as the muted string sections. They retain all of the depth of the regular sections, but have a very evocative and emotional tone (hard to discribe sound with words, no?) Ditto the harmonics for the 24vlns -- just beautiful, and a nice addition that isn't included in many string libs. There are many many articulations -- the keyswitched gig files that have either all the sustains or all the short notes in one file are great. You can do cool things with the mod wheel and aftertouch with bringing in vibrato, tremelo, trills, swells, or slides depending on the file. Nice programming throughout.

The bass are as powerful and have as much depth as any I've heard, and blow away the Vienna Giga Library 24 bit bassi that I had on hand to quickly compare. The chamber strings have the same overall tone as the larger sections but definitely sound more intimate, smaller, and more agile.

The only concerns I have so far are some CRC errors on a few of the DVD's (will contact Alexander University about that) and some questions I have about chromatic sampling. From some of the instruments, I get the feeling that there was some note stretching done for each instrument (just too similar from note to note in a certain range) but cannot confirm this yet. If the samples weren't done chromatically, it wouldn't be a big deal, as things so far still sound good.

Hope this helps. Keep in mind I've only had it for a few hours really, so more in depth analysis will have to wait. Right now I would say it has been a very worthwhile investment.

Do the strings include release samples like in EWQLSO Gold and Platinum or is the natural concert hall ambience cut off?

Any chances that someone could post an early demo? I'm trying to be patient.

Go Back to forum