• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EastWest forgetting old customers

Share/Bookmark

EastWest forgetting old customers

It is great that EWQLSO is selling so well. It is well deserved and an incredible product. But I and many of the old purchasers feel EastWest is forgetting their old customers that purchased their products without any special offerings. Many of us purchased QLSO Gold when it was first released for $995 in 2003. Now this holiday season there's not only a group buy for new gold buyers but also an additional discount for silver owners upgrading to gold pro. That is fine, but like some developers like Franky are doing, why not offer us old customers something too?

Don't we old customers deserve anything special this holiday for supporting East West?

Re: EastWest forgetting old customers

Quote Originally Posted by Steve James
    It is great that EWQLSO is selling so well. It is well deserved and an incredible product. But I and many of the old purchasers feel EastWest is forgetting their old customers that purchased their products without any special offerings. Many of us purchased QLSO Gold when it was first released for $995 in 2003. Now this holiday season there's not only a group buy for new gold buyers but also an additional discount for silver owners upgrading to gold pro. That is fine, but like some developers like Franky are doing, why not offer us old customers something too?

Don't we old customers deserve anything special this holiday for supporting East West?
    Steve,

You've probably had a lot of use out of it GOLD since 2003, and hopefully made a return on it also.

It's common to bring in new users at a lower price after a year, and with the PRO UPGRADES coming (which we just extended the discount deadline for all users of all versions until January 31, 2005) we wanted to increase the user base, and it's now been extended by 667 as of today! That means greater future support and upgrades for all users.

However, I must say, we never expected the Group Buy to be so successful. I was hoping the Group would get to 81 so those that joined early wouldn't be disappointed - and it's just grown beyond belief since then.

- Doug

Thumbs up Re: EastWest forgetting old customers

I personally bought Gold in 2004 for it's full price... for a guy like me, who lives in Poland it's worth the same as a 5000$ bucks lib for a US guy... but i don't think that Anyone should be disaffected.
    We got great software when we wanted.... we could wait and have hope that there will be such bargain like this and purchase it now...

GOLD is great.... it was expensive to me, but it was worth it....
    oh yes every cent....

Keep up a good work Doug,Nick and otehr EWQL team.

I do feel for Luk as prices for USA stuff is much more expensive here, even in England, than it in the US. Often £ for $ price...ie $200 in the USA, = (in some businessmen's eyes) £200!!

In Poland the situation is much worse I imagine.....Still it's also hard for Doug as he would spend his life trying to come up with a formula which would please everyone....an impossible task. Still, life is a lottery, you win some and you loose some....it's the luck of the draw unfortunately.

Frank

Cool Re: EastWest forgetting old customers

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    I do feel for Luk as prices for USA stuff is much more expensive here, even in England, than it in the US. Often £ for $ price...ie $200 in the USA, = (in some businessmen's eyes) £200!!

In Poland the situation is much worse I imagine.....Still it's also hard for Doug as he would spend his life trying to come up with a formula which would please everyone....an impossible task. Still, life is a lottery, you win some and you loose some....it's the luck of the draw unfortunately.

Frank
    Yeah, it's even worse here in Poland because the average salary here in Poland is below 500$... so try to imagine that You have 500 bucks for month to live for and want to buy such a lib for 1000$...
    In Poland we have other big problem - Total Piracy ... i'm one of the proud polish people who's PC is equipped in 100% with legal software. It's tough for me but i'm really proud of myself.

Kudos to you luk. I truly admire your efforts. When I moved to England I had exactly the same sensation that I had no choice but to 'borrow' some stuff that I couldn't afford - I passed on the numerous 'deals' around however and today I'm glad I did... as you say pride and the certitude that I have helped an relatively underground world go from strength to strength!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueM
    Kudos to you luk. I truly admire your efforts. When I moved to England I had exactly the same sensation that I had no choice but to 'borrow' some stuff that I couldn't afford - I passed on the numerous 'deals' around however and today I'm glad I did... as you say pride and the certitude that I have helped an relatively underground world go from strength to strength!
    Hey man, what are the "KUDOS" ?

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    Hey man, what are the "KUDOS" ?

kudos

n : an expression of approval and commendation; "he always appreciated praise for his work" [syn: praise, congratulations]

It's a good thing!!

(D'oh- similtanious post!! )

Talking Re: EastWest forgetting old customers

cool

Steve,

I look at it this way; EW just made a huge investment in the PRO series of EWQLSO and they have come to the sad realization that they aren't going to be able to sell enough of them to pay for it w/out giving away the First edition for a substantial discount. It's a necessary business move. Maybe looking at it that way will help you to forget about the deal that us old EW users have missed out on.

Rick

Go Back to forum