• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Best Drums Ever!

Share/Bookmark

Smile The Best Drums Ever!

Hi people with the knowledge

I am looking for all sorts of high quality (hi-fi) drums including both acoustic drum kits and percussion as well as more or less drums sample based libraries. Though my assets have limits I thinking of either getting Culture and maybe sooner or later getting RMX (because you probably can get all the acoustic kits and cool hi-fi drums you will ever need from there) or get stormdrum with the additional percussions from Rare Instruments 2 and buy additional sample libraries like Sample Lab's Drum Fundamentals for the cool drum kits. Any opinions? Love to get some of your precious ideas and suggestions for getting The Best Drums Ever fort the most bang of your buck.
    All the best
    Jonas

Re: The Best Drums Ever!

Well, for acoustic drums and percussion Drumkit From Hell Superior is closer to reality than anything I could have ever imagined existing. It's incredible.

For acoustic drums, I think FXpansion BFD is by far the best sounding and most realistic. It's real heavy on the RAM usage though.

These are the best drums ever. I know from experience everytime I use these drums

www.brianfullen.com

Never failed me. I love my tunes even more after these drums are added!

Thank you very much Marty, for this pointer!

I really dig the concept of co-operating with musicians over the internet!
    If you have more of such links, please mail or PM me! Much appreciated.

(sorry for the OT reaction ;-) )

Thumbs up Re: The Best Drums Ever!

Scarbee Imperial Drums - over 30,000 samples representing the distillation of over 1 terrabye of high-quality samples.
    A single key might feature over 420 bass drum samples in 75 velocity layers; one of the snare drums gives the user access to over 2200 snare hits in over 130 velocity layers through an intuitive combination of one key and the modulation wheel; and there are over 3,000 samples - totalling almost 2 gigabytes of data - dedicated to the 14” Hi Hat alone!

Everything from hits with the front and back of each stick, to mallets, to brushes, along with rolls and even separate sympathetic/resonance/bleed samples like you get from a real kit recording session. If it was any more real than this you'd have a drummer in the room drinking your beer.

The aim of the S.I.D. project was to truly put sample users in the 'engineer's seat'. To do this, we had to provide them with a way of miking up and mixing a kit which had already been recorded! The S.I.D. solution was to record each drum from multiple microphone positions, including close, overhead and ambient perspectives, with some drums recorded from multiple close perspectives. S.I.D even provides 'bleed' samples which capture the resonance of the rest of the kit as a drum is hit. These different mic perspectives are presented in a 'virtual multitrack' format within the sampler, allowing the user to pick and choose which mics he wants to use on a particular drum, how much ambience he needs, how much bleed will be useful etc. Then…it's mix time!
    Also, look for an HALion3 update coming soon (according to the principal designer) and I'd imagine that once/if Kontakt 2 comes out that they'd do a bang-up (pun) job on updating for that platform too.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Well, for acoustic drums and percussion Drumkit From Hell Superior is closer to reality than anything I could have ever imagined existing. It's incredible.
    Another vote for DFHS here. Also, you'd be thrilled with Culture ..... I know I am. The level of realism you can achieve with it right out of the box is astounding.

Chris

DKFH Superior can be scary when programed right.. Rich

Thanks for all the info. And thanks Marty for live internet drummer. THat is fantastic. And the Scarbee products just sounded like a real drummer. Any opinions of the percussion part of Stormdrum compared to Culture although they cover different grounds. It sure seems like Culture is the percussion library to get. Thanks again

Thumbs up Re: The Best Drums Ever!

I'm really impressed with LastLib's Acoustic Drums

http://www.lastlibs.com/

Go Back to forum