• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Symphony of Voices

Share/Bookmark

Talking Symphony of Voices

Hi Everyone,

Have any of you used the Symphony of Voices Library? Is it very difficult to use? Can it be used with a Kontakt player? Also, is it convincing or does it sound synthetic? Sorry for all of the questions, but I don't want to spend the $$ if it's not what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help! Merry Christmas!

Re: Symphony of Voices

Difficult - No
    Kontakt - Yes
    Synthy - No (some patches yes)
    Just Great library.

Ya know the intro the the "Halo" games? The eerie "Ahh-Ahhhhhh..."? I'm 99% sure it is from SOV. It's a fantastic library, I still use it here and there.
    I think a favorite gag in medival times was to sneak up behind a Knight and stick a "kick me" sign on his armor with a magnet.

Yeah, I've got it alright!

Really, it's a good library but as with any choir-library, don't try to play a sing-like melody with a static ah-choir sample. It you do so, it will surely sound synthetic. It's hard to swallow but with choir-libs as SOV and PS Classical Choir (haven't tried VOTA yet), you will have to adjust your compositions to the restrictions of your samples, not to the restrictions of your creativity...

Want realistic static choirs? Buy SOV! The boyschoir is superb!

Chris

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

High recommendation here, as well. There is years' worth of material to use in SOV. Think of it as a collection of vocal color, not as a choir per se, and you will understand the "zen" of SOV. Although you can definitely create some wordless choir feeling with it, its highest and best use, to me, is the creation of underlying human emotion without trying to "mock" a choir.

Thanks for the speedy replies! It looks like SOV is exactly what I'm looking for!!

Which format is the best format to import into Kontakt?

I have Akai, and they seem to transfer into Kontakt fine.
    I think a favorite gag in medival times was to sneak up behind a Knight and stick a "kick me" sign on his armor with a magnet.

Not to be the bearer of bad news or anything (geeze I'm such a ray of sunshine). Its just that I would hold off until after NAMM if you could since I'm sure there will be a crop of new vocal libraries to come to market. I've heard a lot of the stuff done with SOV and it is superb, but I would wait and see what the new devs have on offer after NAMM before I went with a library. You may find something that fits your style better. But, hey, that said, if you like SOV and the price is right... Why not? It sure has held its own over the years.

Talking Re: Symphony of Voices

"Not to be the bearer of bad news or anything (geeze I'm such a ray of sunshine). "

Joseph I know that to which you are alluding to , I know you are in the
    know and have heard some early demos of it that blew you away
    so I would say you are more the bearer of GOOD news

Go Back to forum