• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Anyone have both Atmosphere AND Ultrafocus??

Share/Bookmark

Anyone have both Atmosphere AND Ultrafocus??

Does anyone have both atmosphere and ultrafocus?
    Do they cover mostly the same ground or do they compliment each other well?

Any opinions most welcome!

thanks

Talking Re: Anyone have both Atmosphere AND Ultrafocus??

Yes, I have them both.

They are both excellent.

Different sound to each.

Atmosphere to me is a richer sounding instrument. If I could only have one, it would be atmosphere, but if atmosphere werent in the picture Ultrafocus is one hell of a fine instrument, and one that should not be overlooked.

Re: Anyone have both Atmosphere AND Ultrafocus??

Thanks!

I was an early adopter of atmosphere -so my question to you is..... would you buy ultrafocus again?

thanks again,

ed

I also have both. For my compositional style (film & games) I haven't found a lot of use for Ultra Focus. It comes with a huge amount of sounds tho...more than atmosphere and they give you new presets every month. So in that sense I'm sure you can find something to your taste. I personally wouldn't buy it again. The majority of the sounds just don't jump out at me quite like Atmosphere did. Have you considered Absynth 3...I have version 2 and it is by far one of my most favorite synths. It compliments Atmosphere so well and version 3 looks amazing.
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Ed,

I have Ultrafocus and Atmosphere. Both are great but IMHO Atmosphere has a nicer sound set.

All the very best,

Darren

Talking Re: Anyone have both Atmosphere AND Ultrafocus??

Hi Ed

Yeah, I like it. I don't think I've heard any others that quite live up to its caliber as far as ease of use and quality of sound goes. Most others I give about a 4-6 out of 10.

Ultrafocus gets a good 8.5, Atmosphere is my 10.

Absynth, I just haven't really listened to.

But my tastes tend to be more in the area of the beautiful and the fantastic rather than the blips, bleeps, and twisted farts. I like a big room with all the sh*t!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patthoven
    But my tastes tend to be more in the area of the beautiful and the fantastic rather than the blips, bleeps, and twisted farts. I like a big room with all the sh*t!!!
    Hysterical!
    I agree completely.

Hmmm...that's funny, I don't remember the "Blips, Beeps & Twisted Farts" preset library coming with Absynth.

Seriously, Absynth has some beautiful lush soundscapes that easily add to Atmosphere layers. You're missing out if you don't spend some time with it.
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patthoven
    But my tastes tend to be more in the area of the beautiful and the fantastic rather than the blips, bleeps, and twisted farts.
    I may be wrong about what Patthoven meant but I took the blips and bleeps to be a kick at all the analog emulated VI's that dominate the market lately.

Absynth 2 was interesting and I bet 3 will be killer.

Now if they would only make these things 16 part multitimbral for layering.

It's all in good humor... I agree on the 16 part multitimbral though, that's why I still love Korg keyboards...the Combi mode was great. I hear Sonic Synth 2 has 16 parts, maybe it will be a winner.
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Go Back to forum