• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another lil song

Share/Bookmark

Another lil song

Hi,

I am still very new at this ;p I dont know how to do change of volume etc yet ;( I JUST got my midi keyboard and I cant even configure the mod wheel or anything hehe. I wrote this song all in sebilius then just put instrument on it without change anything since I am not sure how to modify dynamics etc yet.

http://www.rentgame.ca/song/toune10.mp3

Thanks for comments

Re: Another lil song

Quote Originally Posted by Saldor
    Hi,

I am still very new at this ;p I dont know how to do change of volume etc yet ;( I JUST got my midi keyboard and I cant even configure the mod wheel or anything hehe. I wrote this song all in sebilius then just put instrument on it without change anything since I am not sure how to modify dynamics etc yet.

http://www.rentgame.ca/song/toune10.mp3

Thanks for comments
    Hey SALDOR,
    Compositionally, this is a wonderful piece - it does need the polishing you mentioned, but as it stands, it is a wonderfully written piece of music. Besides adjusting the modulation (dynamics), you might also want to add legato (sustain pedal) data to your score so that many of the instruments are smoother and more realistic sounding.

Thanks for sharing!! I would love to hear this piece after you have added the dynamics and legato!!!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Hey SALDOR,
    Compositionally, this is a wonderful piece - it does need the polishing you mentioned, but as it stands, it is a wonderfully written piece of music. Besides adjusting the modulation (dynamics), you might also want to add legato (sustain pedal) data to your score so that many of the instruments are smoother and more realistic sounding.

Thanks for sharing!! I would love to hear this piece after you have added the dynamics and legato!!!

Jerry
    Thanks, I am not sure how to do that if you could give me any hints.. I am using Sibelius and the writing and in cubase I just put the instrument on my track. But I dont know where I can use mod whell or pedals ..

Saldor

I agree with Jerry.
    One question, Does your keyboard connect with a USB, Fire wire, or just midi direct to sound card? The mod wheel should have worked immediately with GPO right away. Just wondering.
    Styxx

Hi styxx

Yes its USB. But in sibelius I didnt found a way to record cres or anything. I think I saw how to do it in Cubase but I wuold rather write it in the .mid for dont have to redo all the job after changing the .mid.

The melody and harmony in this piece sound simply beautiful! The orchestration sounds great, I like the sounds of that harp.

I can just see two people running towards each other in slow motion through a meadow of tall grass! Ahhh . . .

I hope you can get your keyboard's mod wheel figured out, it would add a lot to the piece. Nice work, thanks for sharing!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum