• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius and Steinway Grand Volume controlling

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Sibelius and Steinway Grand Volume controlling

Hello,

I am in the finishing process of a 3 movement concerto and i am having a serious setback. I am very familiar with how to use mod wheel controller commands within sibelius but no matter what i do the keyboard section of GPO will not respond to these. For instance, I set the whole piece up with a default of say 80 at the beginning of movement 1. Now, every instrument mapped to garritan GPO responds to this and if i make an adjustment to flutes in measure 23 it responds immediately to the change. In fact ALL instruments do EXCEPT for any instrument in the KEYBOARD section of GPO (celeste, steinway etc.). Well with this being a piano conerto this is killing me. In measure 27 the piano comes in and plays at one constant volume the whole time. So, i set a controller command "~C1, 50" right on the first note and it's still the same. So, i set it to 127 with the same result. Funny thing is that I can go to GPO studie and see that mod wheel move to my command however the thing seems to ignore it. I just don't have any idea what to do hree. I have even messed with all the live playback features and adjusted velocities for piano and it doesn't seem to have any effect. Please can anyone help me here? I need to have a completed recording of this thing by Christmas and now im getting very scared im not gonna make the deadline.

Also,

I do have Kontakt Player Gold for Sibelius if there is a steinway or piano that you consider to be equal to the GPO steinway that i could use that WILL respond to dynamic markings or controller commands.

Thank you

Re: Sibelius and Steinway Grand Volume controlling

Hi, the Steinway in GPO responds to velocity. Expression marks like p, pp, to ff will work. Controller1 does nothing for volume here.

2 options-
    - open the mixer in sibelius, and increase the volume for the piano track.
    - increase the volume directly in GPO studio for the Steinway patch.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to get the sustain pedal to work seperately for different instruments. Can't have strings using legato (on C64) in GPO1 and piano using normal sustain in GPO2,

Hope this solves your problem

Quote Originally Posted by maestro2be
    Hello,

I am in the finishing process of a 3 movement concerto and i am having a serious setback. I am very familiar with how to use mod wheel controller commands within sibelius but no matter what i do the keyboard section of GPO will not respond to these. For instance, I set the whole piece up with a default of say 80 at the beginning of movement 1. Now, every instrument mapped to garritan GPO responds to this and if i make an adjustment to flutes in measure 23 it responds immediately to the change. In fact ALL instruments do EXCEPT for any instrument in the KEYBOARD section of GPO (celeste, steinway etc.). Well with this being a piano conerto this is killing me. In measure 27 the piano comes in and plays at one constant volume the whole time. So, i set a controller command "~C1, 50" right on the first note and it's still the same. So, i set it to 127 with the same result. Funny thing is that I can go to GPO studie and see that mod wheel move to my command however the thing seems to ignore it. I just don't have any idea what to do hree. I have even messed with all the live playback features and adjusted velocities for piano and it doesn't seem to have any effect. Please can anyone help me here? I need to have a completed recording of this thing by Christmas and now im getting very scared im not gonna make the deadline.

Also,

I do have Kontakt Player Gold for Sibelius if there is a steinway or piano that you consider to be equal to the GPO steinway that i could use that WILL respond to dynamic markings or controller commands.

Thank you

Go Back to forum