• Register
  • Help

Topic: Harp packets

Share/Bookmark

Red face Harp packets

Hello all
    I am new to gpo,i am a bit thick when it comes to using harp packets.
    Can somebody in simple terms explain this to me.
    Thanks

Re: Harp packets

welcome and Merry Christmas Chris!

As long as you are using a sequencer of some kind, drag the harp packet into the tracks window and select the chord you need. For instance, "F Major", drag that packet into an empty new midi track. Now, assign this new midi track to the same midi channel as the harp glissando track. Make sure that the "harp packet" is before the harp glissando so the packet can remap GPO's harp notes to the notes appropriate for an F Major chord. Simply run your hand up and down the white keys of the keyboard (that hopefully you have) and you will create a very realistic harp glissando.

There are some nice harp packet tutorials for some of the various sequencers on the Garritan.com website

check it out here
    Hope this gets you goin'
    DPDAN

Re: Harp packets

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    welcome and Merry Christmas Chris!

As long as you are using a sequencer of some kind, drag the harp packet into the tracks window and select the chord you need. For instance, "F Major", drag that packet into an empty new midi track. Now, assign this new midi track to the same midi channel as the harp glissando track. Make sure that the "harp packet" is before the harp glissando so the packet can remap GPO's harp notes to the notes appropriate for an F Major chord. Simply run your hand up and down the white keys of the keyboard (that hopefully you have) and you will create a very realistic harp glissando.

There are some nice harp packet tutorials for some of the various sequencers on the Garritan.com website

check it out here
    Hope this gets you goin'
    DPDAN
    That, among other musical tricks, you do so amazingly well! Sorry, just love to chime in once in a while.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum