• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Topic: File format spec for .gpo files

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    2

    File format spec for .gpo files

    I'm writing a few Finale plug-ins related to GPO playback (in Windows). For one of these, I would need to know the Player & Slot in GPO studio as well as the selected instrument name. Is this possible Is the .gpo file format spec available somewhere?

    Best regards,

    Jari Williamsson

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: File format spec for .gpo files

    Quote Originally Posted by JariW
    I'm writing a few Finale plug-ins related to GPO playback (in Windows). For one of these, I would need to know the Player & Slot in GPO studio as well as the selected instrument name. Is this possible Is the .gpo file format spec available somewhere?

    Best regards,

    Jari Williamsson
    Jari,

    I'll pass this along to Jeff and David and they can contact you. The spec is not publicly available. Please email me and we will get back to you.

    Gary Garritan

  3. #3

    Re: File format spec for .gpo files

    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Jari,

    I'll pass this along to Jeff and David and they can contact you. The spec is not publicly available. Please email me and we will get back to you.

    Gary Garritan
    The gpo file is a simple XML file, that can be decoded easily, however,
    everything tied to the inner state of the Kontakt player is a Native Instrument
    encrypted data stream, we just save and restore it back for the plugin without decoding it.

    Cheers
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    2

    Re: File format spec for .gpo files

    Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue)
    The gpo file is a simple XML file, that can be decoded easily, however,
    everything tied to the inner state of the Kontakt player is a Native Instrument
    encrypted data stream, we just save and restore it back for the plugin without decoding it.

    Cheers
    I was afraid I'd get this reply... Thanks anyway for the response!


    Best regards,

    Jari Williamsson

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •