• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: m audio keystation es 88

Share/Bookmark

m audio keystation es 88

has anyone actually used the es 88?
    is it the same keybed as the keystation pro?

quality?

Re: m audio keystation es 88

no, it's the same as the 61ES. Semi-weighted and to be honest a little stiff. I had a 61ES and got rid of it in favor of the great 88 Pro. MUCH BETTER!

Moosethree,

I've got a Keystation Pro 88 for sale if you're interested - I'll give you a great price ...

I might be interested in that. How much are you selling it for?

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoers
    Moosethree,

I've got a Keystation Pro 88 for sale if you're interested - I'll give you a great price ...

Why are you selling yours incidently?

I've read that the black keys go as deep as the white. For a piano player, that must feel a bit strange.

------------
    Alex Cremers

I just picked a 88es today for trial at my music shop.
    Well, IMO, it's a steal : at this price, you get :
    - 88 semi weighted keys, that I find very comfortable and playable (the black keys do not suffer from the "too-low-problem" that some have reported about the pro 88 model)
    - a velocity range which allows (as far as my mediocre playing is concerned) enough nuance : I got velocities from as low as 17, up to 127, with an average of 75-90.
    - modwheel, pitchbend, 2 pedal inputs (sustain and volume), one programmable silder
    - and some other features that I did not have time so far to discover (some "programmable" buttons)
    Plus, it's nice and light, but seems robust.
    I donot think I will return it.
    People looking for a 88 keys without too many extras like knobs and sliders should definitely give it a try. (if they do not want a "real" piano touch that is).

Quote Originally Posted by dcoscina
    Why are you selling yours incidently?
    I bought it for a project that required a lot of remote use with my laptop setup. The fact that the keystation is bus-powered with a built-in MIDI interface was very attractive, not to mention that it's LIGHT. Now that the project is over, I really have no use for it - I've got a Roland RD-700 in my studio that's been my controller for years.

I bought it brand new about 5 months ago for $499, I'll probably sell it for around $350 + shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbellog
    I just picked a 88es today for trial at my music shop.
    Well, IMO, it's a steal : at this price, you get :
    - 88 semi weighted keys, that I find very comfortable and playable (the black keys do not suffer from the "too-low-problem" that some have reported about the pro 88 model)
    - a velocity range which allows (as far as my mediocre playing is concerned) enough nuance : I got velocities from as low as 17, up to 127, with an average of 75-90.
    - modwheel, pitchbend, 2 pedal inputs (sustain and volume), one programmable silder
    - and some other features that I did not have time so far to discover (some "programmable" buttons)
    Plus, it's nice and light, but seems robust.
    I donot think I will return it.
    People looking for a 88 keys without too many extras like knobs and sliders should definitely give it a try. (if they do not want a "real" piano touch that is).
    Actually, the ES8 has got a lot of MIDI assignable knobs and sliders. Not as much as the pro 88 though. You can even use the onboard sequencer transport buttons, which incidentally feel really juicy and cool, to control your Cubase (or other soft seq.) transport bar. You can also change the vel. response of your keyboard from normal to hard or soft and fixed. The curves are very well chosen.
    Don't forget to check out the unbelievable vast arpeggiator section.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    Actually, the ES8 has got a lot of MIDI assignable knobs and sliders. Not as much as the pro 88 though. You can even use the onboard sequencer transport buttons, which incidentally feel really juicy and cool, to control your Cubase (or other soft seq.) transport bar. You can also change the vel. response of your keyboard from normal to hard or soft and fixed. The curves are very well chosen.
    Don't forget to check out the unbelievable vast arpeggiator section.

------------
    Alex Cremers
    Hey Alex, great to see you! However, as far as controllers are concerned, the ES8, which is a great feeling board admittedly, is really hefty in the price dept. for those who simply want to use it as a controller. For that price, the sounds and features have to be a major factor in buying it....unless one is financially pretty well off....

Go Back to forum