• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase Sx Problem

Share/Bookmark

Cubase Sx Problem

Sorry to post this here but this forum gives much better results than cubase.net. I am running SX 1.06 on a Dell dimension P4 1 gig. 2.6 Ghrtz with a Tascam US-428. Great system for over a year now. Last night I was working with a project with GPO, Stormdrum, EWQLSO Gold, and a few effects when I crashed due to low ram. When I reopen the file, after restarting the entire machine, none of my audio tracks or VSTis make it to the master outputs. or inputs I guess. I can see on the VSTi's outputs that there is signal there but my master meters dont move at all. I also have several midi tracks driving outboard modules and they all work fine. I have also tryed to play other projects and they work fine therefore eliminating my sound card being fried or something. I dont know what happened but I sure am stuck right now. Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone could offer. Thankyou,

Eric

Re: Cubase Sx Problem

Try saving your project with another name (Save As:_____), and then open the new one up.

Hope that helps. Ive had several crashes with Cubase where the entire project disappeared because the file was corrupted. Im glad it wasn't that bad for you.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck
    Try saving your project with another name (Save As:_____), and then open the new one up.

Hope that helps. Ive had several crashes with Cubase where the entire project disappeared because the file was corrupted. Im glad it wasn't that bad for you.

Jim
    Yea, that will usually do the trick , if not, try Locating the .bak file in your project folder and loading that and the saving that to a new name. Also dont forget to bounce down a couple tracks to ease up on the ram before you play the track again (or it might crash pnce more..)..Rich

Hi Eric, got your PM, Im afraid I dont have much to add except Jims suggestion. I also make a habit of doing frequent incremental saves;

song01.cpr
    song02.cpr

etc, etc.

Have you looked carefully at the bussing info for each track? Perhaps something got screwy there and it was lost.

Maybe double check your sound card settings inside Cubase as well.

A last resort might be to go back to the last good save if you have one, (this is why I do the regular incremental thing) load that, and pick up from there.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I tried the resave thing and I also tried to revert to the last version. No luck with either. However, I do have a few other incremental versions of this file. I will have just lost a few hours work. Not the end of the world I suppose. Thanks so much.

Eric

Have you looked at the individual output assignment of your audio tracks?

This has happened to me several times with SX and it was always that all tracks had lost their assignment to Bus1 .
    All I had to do was reassign every tracks and I was in back in business.

Annoying bug...
    Another thing is to look at is your connections setup and make sure your main bus outputs are assigned to the right audio outs.
    But if you can't see any activity in the meters of your bus 1 then I bet you that it is caused by the drop of all tracks output assignment...

Ive had some Corrupt .cpr issues a while back. The only way to reopen a corrupt .cpr is by opening it in another copy or SX and then resave with a diff. name. If you`d like you can e-mail me the .crp your having trouble opening and I`ll send it back to ya`...My email is: vertigosound@sympatico.ca
    Best, Rich

Thanks so much again. Just got off work and have to go to band practice but I'll try checking the bus output assignments as soon as I can.

Rich, If I cant get anything working from the corrupted version, I will send it to you. Thanks again everyone. This forum is a great place to be. I always knew that the Garritan forum was nice but wasnt sure how positive things stayed around here in the rest of NS. Looks like only good news to report so far. I'll let everyone know what I found so others can benefit from the findings. Probably tommorrow before I'll have a chance.

Eric

Go Back to forum