• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Topic: "Flute and Guitar"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Flute and Guitar"

    All,

    This is my "Flute and Guitar" that I wrote while tieing my shoes this morning.


    If you are a guitarist you will recognize the "pinging" sound on some of the guitar notes. This is caused when playing near the upper end of the fretboard and is the result of the nylon strings snapping against the upper frets. It is an authentic sound and I left it in. You may also hear instances of strings rattling against the fretboard which is also authentic. Hey...wait a minute! That's a real guitar player you have there, Alexander. (Or... is it?...hmmmm.)

    Instruments:

    GPO Flute Solo V
    Kontakt Guitar with nylon strings


    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...eAndGuitar.mp3


    Regards to all,

    Larry A.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Thumbs up Re: "Flute and Guitar"

    Well, too bad I couldn't hear the guitar noises on this laptop of mine but I am sure they were every bit as authentic as you said.
    While tying your shoes this morning, ha! If this is the type of fine music you write while tying shoes, I can imagine what it be like when tying your boots!
    Styxx

  3. #3

    Talking Re: "Flute and Guitar"

    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Well, too bad I couldn't hear the guitar noises on this laptop of mine but I am sure they were every bit as authentic as you said.
    While tying your shoes this morning, ha! If this is the type of fine music you write while tying shoes, I can imagine what it be like when tying your boots!
    Texans don't wear boots! It's just a rumor...just a Yankee rumor.

    Thanks for listening, Mikey.

    My best,

    Larry A.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: "Flute and Guitar"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Texans don't wear boots! It's just a rumor...just a rumor.

    Thanks for listening, Mikey.

    My best,

    Larry A.
    Don't let Nancy Sinatra hear you say that!
    These boots are made for walkin'
    And that's just what they'll do!
    One of these days these boots
    are gonna write some songs for you!

    Love your music!
    Styxx

  5. #5

    Re: "Flute and Guitar"

    Larry, Your tunes are always so happy sounding. Thanks for making my day start out bright.

    Karl

    P.S. B Major is an interesting key for these instruments. The guitar part is actually written stylistically and at least with a casual listen, playable.

  6. #6

    Re: "Flute and Guitar"

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Larry, Your tunes are always so happy sounding. Thanks for making my day start out bright.

    Karl

    P.S. B Major is an interesting key for these instruments. The guitar part is actually written stylistically and at least with a casual listen, playable.
    Karl,

    I found that C Major did not sound "natural" for the guitar and neither did Bb Major. Moving up to D Major made the "pinging" sound in the guitar even worse because the guitarist would be playing even further up the fretboard. Soooo...it was B Major. Sharp keys are better for the flute player also and tend to be more "in your face" to my ear, although the effect may be more psychological than acoustical.

    Thanks for your comments.

    Regards,

    Larry A.

  7. #7

    Re: "Flute and Guitar"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Karl,

    I found that C Major did not sound "natural" for the guitar and neither did Bb Major. Moving up to D Major made the "pinging" sound in the guitar even worse because the guitarist would be playing even further up the fretboard. Soooo...it was B Major. Sharp keys are better for the flute player also and tend to be more "in your face" to my ear, although the effect may be more psychological than acoustical.

    Thanks for your comments.

    Regards,

    Larry A.
    Hey...wait a minute! I just remembered that I wrote the final version in C# Major. Karl, did you have a "reverse capo" on your guitar when you listened to this?

    Larry A.

  8. #8

    Re: "Flute and Guitar"

    I really like this one, Larry. Very nice!

    -- Martin
    http://www.starbirthmusic.com

  9. #9

    Re: "Flute and Guitar"

    A delight to hear your music, as always! I am definitely starting to hear a certain style in your music . . .

    At the rate you compose, you could probably have Bach beaten by a few hundred. Thanks for sharing!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

  10. #10

    Re: "Flute and Guitar"

    Quote Originally Posted by mschiff
    I really like this one, Larry. Very nice!

    -- Martin
    Thank you, Martin Schiff. I'm glad that you liked it.

    I am now going to travel to your web site and listen to some of YOUR music.

    Take care,

    Larry A.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •