• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Using Multiple Personas at Northern Sounds

Share/Bookmark

Question Using Multiple Personas at Northern Sounds

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    What is the policy of having multiple personas at Northern Sounds?

I took the opportunity to look up all of the eight posts made by "Golly" at Northern Sounds. (Click on Golly and choose find all posts by Golly).

Golly doesn't post a lot, and picks his subjects very selectively. What if Golly would have more than one identity at Northern Sounds? Maybe several?

Is it allowed?

Thanks,
    Hans Adamson
    Art Vista Productions

Re: Using Multiple Personas at Northern Sounds

I get your point but I think its a bit difficult to be so case-closed with this sort of thing. I work in the same studio building as several other people and we all use the community laptop in the coffee room. We all post on SoS forums, one posts on KVR, two of us post here.... Just because the address is the same doesn't automatically mean its the same person posting. One of us was banned from a (non-musical) forum and it meant I couldn't get on to ask questions whenever I was in the studio which was a real pain in the arse.

That said, there's little more suspect than newbies jumping in to seemingly flame.

I wasn't referring to banned members. The question is what the rule is regarding having more than one identity at NS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Adamson
    The question is what the rule is regarding having more than one identity at NS.
    Yes, but the point I'm making is its not always possible to tell if there are people with more than one identity here. Ok, sure, there are cases where its pretty obvious and guesses can even be made as to who is behind it but I was highlighting my example as a situation where the same address doesn't necessarily mean its one person alone posting under different names.

I'm sure it's okay, Hans, because otherwise that would be discriminating against people with multiple personalities. Both of me post all the time, for example.

Let me make my point a little clearer:

If there appears posts by a guy calling himself Snah Nosmada every time I release a lib. This Snah Nosmada praises the libs I make beyond anything out there. He also attacks my competitors. If an IP check reveals that Snah Nosmada has the same IP address as Hans Adamson, would this be enough reason to ban him (me)?

Or is this behavior "OK"?

Well, I would think the problem would be concerning the behaviour of one of your "personalities" and not the mere existence of same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Adamson
    Let me make my point a little clearer:

If there appears posts by a guy calling himself Snah Nosmada every time I release a lib. This Snah Nosmada praises the libs I make beyond anything out there. He also attacks my competitors. If an IP check reveals that Snah Nosmada has the same IP address as Hans Adamson, would this be enough reason to ban him (me)?

Or is this behavior "OK"?
    Looks like reverse psychology

Yeah, it starts looking a bit suspect then doesn't it!.

Cool Re: Using Multiple Personas at Northern Sounds

Snah is a really bad dude - and you're so nice Hans - how can that be? evil twins separated at birth?

I agree - this is a bad practice - I guess it's up to the people that run this place to decide if it's a stoning offense. It's no better or worse than a bunch of net-ninnies conspiring to derail a NS thread from their MIRC chat group...

Signed,
    Notsuoh the Terrible
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Hey Houston, the bunch of who? You just dissed Hans in that post too. And for the record, there is no conspiring or whatever you want to call it. Too bad you can't find the time to find out yourself and prefer to rely on rumours, just as you seem to know who actually has multiple accounts here.

PolarBear

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast