• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with Recording!

Share/Bookmark

Help with Recording!

I have a PrintMusic (Finale lite) notation file made with GPO Studio that I need to make a CD for, but I can't figure out the Record to File. When I put in the file name of the piece (extension is ".mus") and hit Record, it goes forever, building up huge megabytes, and nothing is recorded. The help file does not say exactly what you need to do to record. Can anyone help?

(Windows Pentium 4, 1.5 gig RAM)

Re: Help with Recording!

To record from Finale using GPO Studio, you need to start the record button on Studio, then start playback in Finale. When you put in the file name in the "record to file" menu, put in the name you want for the new audio file. Do not type in your Finale name with the ".mus" extension. Hopefully PrintMusic works the same way.

JT

Thanks, Jeff. It worked!

When I clice the "record" button, it starts recording immediately, which leaves a blank space at the beginning of the recorded file. Is there a way to start recording when the music starts?

If you're using human playback in Finale, try the process in reverse. Human playback takes a few seconds processing the file before playback begins. You can see the status bar move as it's loading. With a little practice, hit the record button in Studio just before the status bar in Finale hits 100%.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    If you're using human playback in Finale, try the process in reverse. Human playback takes a few seconds processing the file before playback begins. You can see the status bar move as it's loading. With a little practice, hit the record button in Studio just before the status bar in Finale hits 100%.

Jeff
    Yeah, I suppose I can do that ... but wouldn't it be nice if it happened automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    When I clice the "record" button, it starts recording immediately, which leaves a blank space at the beginning of the recorded file. Is there a way to start recording when the music starts?
    If you're using a Creative sound card (SB Live, Audigy, etc.), you should have an application available called Creative WaveStudio (if I remember correctly). You can use this to trim the WAV file.

If you don't have it, you could use the freeware audio editor Audacity to trim out the silence (and convert to MP3 and/or Ogg Vorbis, I believe).
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Go Back to forum