• Register
  • Help

Topic: Asus AV8-Deluxe & MIA

Share/Bookmark

Asus AV8-Deluxe & MIA

I'm trying to build an A64 machine using an Asus Av8-Deluxe motherboard. Everything is fine - until I enable the driver of my Echo MIA. Crash, bam, boom.

Is anybody here using the A8V? What soundcard are you using?

Here's what I get...

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

STOP: 0x0000009C etc...

I've disabled everything on-board, and tweaked nearly everything there is to tweak.

There are two options: the products are incompatible, or I have a bum motherboard. The address above is in the region of the PCI to IDE motherboard resources. It may be that with the card enabled that part of the motherboard gets exercised, and crash...

If others have had success, then I just need to trade this in for a good board. If no one else has had success, then maybe these puppies don't play well together.

Please let me know your experiences with the A8V.

-JF

Re: Asus AV8-Deluxe & MIA

Got 3 A8V Deluxes here - all work fine with RME Hammerfalls, sorry no Echo cards here to test.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I'm trying to build an A64 machine using an Asus Av8-Deluxe motherboard. Everything is fine - until I enable the driver of my Echo MIA. Crash, bam, boom.

Is anybody here using the A8V? What soundcard are you using?

Here's what I get...

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

STOP: 0x0000009C etc...

I've disabled everything on-board, and tweaked nearly everything there is to tweak.

There are two options: the products are incompatible, or I have a bum motherboard. The address above is in the region of the PCI to IDE motherboard resources. It may be that with the card enabled that part of the motherboard gets exercised, and crash...

If others have had success, then I just need to trade this in for a good board. If no one else has had success, then maybe these puppies don't play well together.

-JF

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst

<snip>

-JF
    Jon,

I got my A8V Deluxe built up over the weekend. I'm using an E-Mu 0404 until I decide what I really want, and so far everything has been fine. Have you contacted Echo already? If anyone has seen that error, it would probably be them.

Best of luck!

- Stefan

Thanks for the responses. I spent quite a few minutes with the technical service person from Echo. Nice guy. They said that they tested with all of the chipsets, though not all of the motherboards. He also said that they have a good relationship with AMD, and that AMD has a stockpile of their boards and drivers for testing.

I've had a few errors that tell me that this particular motherboard is not well. Sometimes it fails to find my USB keyboard on boot up. Sometimes it tells me that the overclocking failed - even when everything is set at standard rates.

And last night the board corrupted my onboard audio driver and my DVD-ROM driver.

I hope that they can get me a replacement soon.

-JF

Go Back to forum