• Register
  • Help

Topic: RME Hammerfall 96/32 vs Frontier Design WaveCenter/PCI for Giga Studio 3?

Share/Bookmark

RME Hammerfall 96/32 vs Frontier Design WaveCenter/PCI for Giga Studio 3?

I just built a PC for GS 3 using the RME 96/32 and it's been working well, very low latency no problems. I'm using MIDIoverLan 2.1 for the MIDI on this machine. However, I have to build another PC for Giga 3 at another location and am considering going with the WaveCenter PCI as the audio card instead of the RME 96/32. The reason for this is that I only need one set of ADAT I/O's for this machine and would prefer going with MIDI on the card so I don't have to be concerned about possible network/IP issues that can effect MIDIoverLan functionality. Also, the WaveCenter card is cheaper which is always a consideration. Just wondered if anyone out there has had experience with both cards and would appreciate any pro's/con's or other recommendations.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Re: RME Hammerfall 96/32 vs Frontier Design WaveCenter/PCI for Giga Studio 3?

I've used the frontier card...it's been great. I think there are GSIF 2 drivers on their website.

Brett

Go Back to forum