• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Don't Bother any Butterflies

Share/Bookmark

Don't Bother any Butterflies

Don't Bother any Butterflies
    (c) 2004 Words by Kenn Nesbitt, Music by Eric Endres

This is a rough demo mix of a song that will be on my next children's music album (due out in March '05). Most of the album is upbeat very fun stuff, but I suppose this is kind of a "take a breather" track, and I was glad to get to do a little bit more with GPO for it. There are one or two GPO instruments used on a few other tracks, but this is a little bit more significant in that respect. Hope you like it, and I know all beetle fans will particularly get a kick out of it. And no, that wasn't a typo.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

A plug here for anyone here with young kids (2-10) or kids that age on their Christmas list to check out the Eric Herman website for a great stocking stuffer, The Kid in the Mirror, which has been received very enthusiastically by kids and parents alike, and to keep an eye out for the new album which should be even better (eh, I'm sure I'll plug it here again when it's out ). I definitely could have used GPO on a track or two of the "Kid" album, but it was released in November of '03 and I didn't find out about GPO until a week or two later.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Re: Don't Bother any Butterflies

I'm no beetle fan, but I like it and my little girl does too.

GPO sounds superb. I assume that was all GPO in that track?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell

I'm no beetle fan, but I like it and my little girl does too.

GPO sounds superb. I assume that was all GPO in that track?
    Yup. And I have the special GPO with nylon guitar version.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Shaz,

Just delightful! Nothing at all bugged me. The music brought a nice smile to my face. Made me a beetle fan again.

Thanks for posting this. I would very much like this to be on the GPO demo page if permission could be had.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Shaz,

Just delightful! Nothing at all bugged me. The music brought a nice smile to my face. Made me a beetle fan again.

Thanks for posting this. I would very much like this to be on the GPO demo page if permission could be had.

Gary Garritan
    I would love it if this were on your demo page, Gary, however first I need to do the final version. The vocals and guitar are probably scratch on this version and I may do a little more tweaking with the arrangement, though it's at least very close to how it will end up. I'll give a holler or post an updated version when it's ready.

I was glad to make use of the new aggressive short bows for that middle section!

Shaz
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Nice song, I enjoyed it, made me smile . . .

When I was young, while my future friends were being prodigies, I was out catching bugs . . . my obsession in pre-school. And I'm sorry, but I did magnify anthills, cut worms in half, and salt slugs. But I didn't bother any butterflies! My caterpillars never made it to that stage . . . Squishing bugs is a good way to release anger, and there's never a shortage! Oooh, I'm awful . . .

I especially like that middle section! Thanks for sharing the song! Great lyrics!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Nice song, I enjoyed it, made me smile . . .

I especially like that middle section! Thanks for sharing the song! Great lyrics!
    Thanks, Sean. Credit for the lyrics goes to the great funny poetry author Kenn Nesbitt, who I work with on a number of kids' songs.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

I really liked the Bounce and Flap and Twist song! Really upbeat fun stuff.

It's nice to meet other people writing for kids.

I'm Taiwan mostly writing for kids learning English as a foreign language but still music geared for a younger audience.

Thanks for sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    I really liked the Bounce and Flap and Twist song! Really upbeat fun stuff.

It's nice to meet other people writing for kids.

I'm Taiwan mostly writing for kids learning English as a foreign language but still music geared for a younger audience.

Thanks for sharing!!
    Thanks, Marty! Most of my music for kids is more in the vein of "Bounce and Flap and Twist"... silly fun songs (as opposed to 'silly love songs'), possibly with some educational or positive element to it (in this case, exercise), but sometimes not.

Best of luck with your work. I'd love to hear some of it.

Shaz
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Nicely done Shaz....this song's really buggin' me man.... What a bugga!

Frank

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast