• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Topic: can i buy a separate mod wheel and save money?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    can i buy a separate mod wheel and save money?

    my question is can i purchase a mod wheel separate from a keyboard and save a couple hunded bucks or will it just screw stuff up? i'm comparing these two keyboards that are in my price range, but it'd be nice to save some money
    Casio PX-100
    Casio PX-400R
    thanks,
    - jim

  2. #2

    Re: can i buy a separate mod wheel and save money?

    I've not seen a separate mod wheel, but you could do what I did - buy a midi controller - which has knobs or sliders. I got the Evolution UC-16 with 16 knobs for around £45 and not only can you program 1 to be the mod-wheel, you can set up the others to match the knobs on the Kontakt Player.



    Quote Originally Posted by bachrock
    my question is can i purchase a mod wheel separate from a keyboard and save a couple hunded bucks or will it just screw stuff up? i'm comparing these two keyboards that are in my price range, but it'd be nice to save some money
    Casio PX-100
    Casio PX-400R
    thanks,
    - jim

  3. #3

    Re: can i buy a separate mod wheel and save money?

    So, can you use this midi controller and a midi keyboard at the same time - recording notes off the midi keyboard and mod wheel data off the controller into a sequencer in real time?

  4. #4

    Re: can i buy a separate mod wheel and save money?

    Quote Originally Posted by L0W
    I've not seen a separate mod wheel, but you could do what I did - buy a midi controller - which has knobs or sliders. I got the Evolution UC-16 with 16 knobs for around £45 and not only can you program 1 to be the mod-wheel, you can set up the others to match the knobs on the Kontakt Player.
    o brother i should have read the descrptions more carefully -the cheaper keyboard doesn't have midi..... well looks like i'm getting the more expensive one!
    thanks for the info L0W

  5. #5

    Re: can i buy a separate mod wheel and save money?

    yes you can use the mid controller and a midi keyboard at the same time as richard describes.

    you can still get cheap casio keyboards which do have midi.

  6. #6

    Re: can i buy a separate mod wheel and save money?

    Quote Originally Posted by L0W
    you can still get cheap casio keyboards which do have midi.
    other than the PX-400R i haven't seen any cheaper keyboards with weighted keys (feels like real piano) + midi
    do you know of any?
    thanks,
    jim

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •