• Register
  • Help

Topic: Putting RMX on my Audio drive

Share/Bookmark

Putting RMX on my Audio drive

Hi I did a reinstall of Stylus RMX on my Audio drive and followed the instructions as if I were putting it on my main drive. Well when I open Stylus in my host Sonar4PE (Wrapped of course) it opens ok but there is no sound directory. Can you help please. I would like all of it on my Audio HD.

Re: Putting RMX on my Audio drive

Quote Originally Posted by Briguy
    Hi I did a reinstall of Stylus RMX on my Audio drive and followed the instructions as if I were putting it on my main drive.
    You should follow the instructions for installing on your main drive only if you are installing on your main drive. If you'd like to install on another drive, follow the instructions in the WatchMe movie which describe how to install on another drive.

- Glenn

Ok I did that, but what good does that do if If the sounds are still being read from mysystm Drive?. I am trying to save a little CPU by having it all on my audio HD. I have installed the plugin on my system Drive in my VST folder. With Atmosphere I have the plugin and the Dat file on my audio drive and no problems. I just don't understand. Please help Someone.

You can install Stylus RMX to have the plugin on your "System Drive" and the sample library on your "Audio Drive", just like the other Spectrasonics instruments.

Having the program and the data on different drives helps improve "data access" speed. You don't increase processor speed. Having the plugin on your Audio drive doesn't really do anything for you.

The ability to have the software run on one drive and the sample library stored and acessed from another drive is common to all of the current "ROMplers".

Thanks Martin, So you saying I could install the plugin on my system drive, ok understood. Now your saying that I could install the Core library and the kits from disk2 on my audio drive with having to install it on my system drive first? and by passing the short cuts?. Totally sounds logical. I can recall I did that on my second attemp to do so but when I did that and booted Stylus there was no directory. It loaded fine but the samples were no where to be seen. Well I'll try again. Thanks

Trying to uninstall Stylus plugin doesn't work I get a Cannot find, or invalid. NICE

Go Back to forum