• Register
  • Help

Topic: Radio spots to sell your CDs

Share/Bookmark

Radio spots to sell your CDs

Hey, guys.

Today, I'm nose down working on writing promo spots, station id, and all those other little snippets of things that you hear on the radio, which we'll be recording Sunday. Thought you might be interested in one of the 15 second spots for those of you who we'll be creating and selling CDs for. Sometimes it'll be Charlie's voice, sometimes it'll be Deirdre, but we'll definitely get the message out:

If you like what you’re hearing, you can now buy CDs featuring many of our Composers in the online store at ShowProgramming.com. Show your support for the people who bring you this great, original music – buy a CD today!

From the reaction I've been getting from my friends (who get to hear the preproduction work on your music), I think a lot of people will follow this advice. Everyone is continually commenting on what great music we're going to be airing. I just smile and tell 'em, "Yeah. I know."
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: Radio spots to sell your CDs

All I can do it thank you again!

I still need to mail my good quality copies on a CD . . . hopefully next week when I go home for Christmas break . . . but it'll be on its way.

Thanks again! You're a wonderful guy. I'm really looking forward to the radio!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by neoTypic
    Hopefully I'll have more of an output for the next show *chuckles*.
    Send 'em in, dude, send 'em in!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Send 'em in, dude, send 'em in!
    I would love to send in mine too as soon as I have the distribution contract ironed out.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chriscaouette
    I would love to send in mine too as soon as I have the distribution contract ironed out.
    Chris
    I'm not sure I understand. Is that a question regarding how we create / sell CDs for those who don't have one, or does it relate to a contract you have with someone else on pre-existing CDs you've already created?
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Question Re: Radio spots to sell your CDs

Chris,
    I am working on some original songs for my partner. Will these be OK to send? All will have GPO included and vocals, Yes? NO?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Chris,
    I am working on some original songs for my partner. Will these be OK to send? All will have GPO included and vocals, Yes? NO?
    If a song contains even one instrument from GPO, GOS or any other product Gary may eventually come up with, it's cool.

Also, if you snail mail me an audio CD, you don't need to send mp3 files too, as I can create them from your CD.

Bring 'em on!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thumbs up Re: Radio spots to sell your CDs

If a song contains even one instrument from GPO, GOS or any other product Gary may eventually come up with, it's cool.

Also, if you snail mail me an audio CD, you don't need to send mp3 files too, as I can create them from your CD.

Bring 'em on!
    Will do. I have one on it's way already via camel caravan.
    Styxx

I'm not sure I understand. Is that a question regarding how we create / sell CDs for those who don't have one, or does it relate to a contract you have with someone else on pre-existing CDs you've already created?
    It is release coming this Winter and will be at the least distributed by Gopher productions in Canada. As to who will be the US distributer is still up in the air. I have two other CDs release with Etherean Music in Colorado, but I am not continuing that contract (non exclusive anyways).
    Once I take care of the Gopher contract, then I can move forward. The CD has a lot of GOS on it.

Chris

Go Back to forum