• Register
  • Help

Topic: What does wet/dry mix mean?

Share/Bookmark

What does wet/dry mix mean?

I notice that in some GigaPulse reverb settings (e.g. "large hall") the wet/dry mix goes up to more than 100. I suspect this has something to do with the individual mix wet/dry mixes, but I'm not sure how to interpret it or how I should set it for use with an aux return. The manual simply says wet/dry mix should be set to 100. Help!

Re: What does 100 wet/dry mix mean?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeShapiro
    I notice that in some GigaPulse reverb settings (e.g. "large hall") the wet/dry mix goes up to more than %100. I suspect this has something to do with the individual mix wet/dry mixes, but I'm not sure how to interpret it or how I should set it for use with an aux return. The manual simply says wet/dry mix should be set to %100. Help!
    If you are using aux sends to send the audio to the reverb, you should set it to 100%. The adjustment for wet/dry is only used somewhere in-between when the reverb is inserted on the audio. For instance, if you insert the reverb on an individual audio track, and had it set to 100%, it would sound like it was a million miles away and no actual unprocessed (dry) sound, instead, you would want to set it totally dry, and then slowly increase the setting to an amount of reverb that you like. Hopefully that was not too confusing....
    DPDAN

There are two kinds of presets in Gigapulse (they could have done a better job describing this difference).

First type:
    Any of the 5ch Larry Seyer presets
    These should be set to 100% if using from an aux send
    These should have their wet/dry mix adjusted to taste if used on an insert
    These are impulses from hardware

Second type:
    Any of the 2ch or 7ch presets
    These should be set to 100% and used on an insert (Group or Channel)
    These are room impulses (or direct processor impulses like the Tweed) and should to be used this way to sound "correct".

G

Thanks for the response. But I'm still not sure what a wet/dry mix of %136 means, and that's what the slider goes up to on the Large Hall Reverb. In fact, I can't even get it to go to %100. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the response. But I'm still not sure what a wet/dry mix of %136 means, and that's what the slider goes up to on the Large Hall Reverb. In fact, I can't even get it to go to %100. Any suggestions?
    I don't have GS yet, but if it operates like all other reverbs just max it out. The numbers sound weird to me and they are not midi values either, oh well just max it out if you use individual aux sends.

DPDan

I've seen that too, I think it's a UI bug because it doesn't seem to hurt anything or have any ill effects. The slider handling in Gigapulse seems a bit wonky, but it sure does sound good!

G

Go Back to forum