• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vsl, Sam brass, SOV & Gigapulse demo

Share/Bookmark

Vsl, Sam brass, SOV & Gigapulse demo

http://www.northernsounds.net/userup...575e8521fc.mp3

A short track I've composed, 100% sequenced on keyboard, including the runs.

Getting a lovely 360 odd polyphony with giga3! (and no crashes! ) Using 1 centralised impulse on gigapulse (large hall) and panning the instruments within that. All on one machine, and no bouncing tracks for once

Highly recommend Giga 3.

Re: Vsl, Sam brass, SOV & Gigapulse demo

Oh boy, this is really making me want to get GS 3. Nice work. Have you found 3.03 to be stable? What about the 'stuck notes' issue using MOL? What is your GS puter spec. Thanks for sharing.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    Oh boy, this is really making me want to get GS 3. Nice work. Have you found 3.03 to be stable? What about the 'stuck notes' issue using MOL? What is your GS puter spec. Thanks for sharing.

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Although there are some stuck note issues, I don't actually find them hampering my work, 3.03 seems very stable so far....no crashes yet although I have only been using it solid for a couple of nights now. .gig loading times have also been substantually improved.

My machine is -
    3.0 ghz Pentium 4 processor with 800 FSB
    2 gigs ram.
    3 HDD drives (1 system drive 80gigs, 2 160gig drives raided together for the samples (whole VSL on one machine and room to spare).
    Soundcard is HSDP9652 from RME.

Thanks a bunch.
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

James,

Nice work. Just to clarify, are you running a standalone GIGA machine? If so, how are you handling the midi and audio connections between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    James,

Nice work. Just to clarify, are you running a standalone GIGA machine? If so, how are you handling the midi and audio connections between the two?
    Hello Martin,

No, I have only 1 PC going at the moment, so I also have the sequencer running on my machine, however... I do have another 2 pc's which I intend to use in the future, I use Midi-over-lan for that....

http://www.musiclab.com/

Supremely great. Sonically this just kicks. Love the SAM brass (coming from someone biased since I use 'em too) and the strings, and percussion....oh everything actually!

wow.... I want more..... that sounds amazing. I need to get another comp to run GS3 off of.... I also need more libraries for it.... I also need money....
    Tim

Go Back to forum