• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cubasis version, registration & upgrade question

Share/Bookmark

Question Cubasis version, registration & upgrade question

Hi

As Cubasis 4 came with GPO I've been looking into it a bit and came across a couple of questionmarks.

First of all, I was wondering what the differences between Cubasis version 4 and 5 are. I looked at the Pinnacle Systems homepage and managed to find a "what's new?" link (http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsuppor...205&page_id=50), however, when pressing the link you keep getting back to the same page.

Second, I tried accessing the upgrade page from inside Cubasis 4 (Help -> Steinberg on the Web -> Updates/Downloads) but it justs ends up with a HTTP 404 - File not found message.

Finally, I also tried to register my copy of Cubasis 4 on the Pinnacle Systems website, but after a few entries it states: "Please enter your Cubasis VST version 4 serial number:" with the additional info stating: "You can find this information by selecting "About" in the "Help"-Menu of your software."

However, when I open this window in Cubasis there is no serial number shown anywhere.

All I want to know is: a) what are the differencies between Cubasis 4 vs 5...and b), how do I go about upgrading from version 4 to 5?

Am I missing something obvious here? Any info on this matter would be much appreciated.

Rodney

Re: Cubasis version, registration & upgrade question

hi rodney

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/aboutus/P...ID=2&Archive=1

this tells you a bit about what's new in 5 but i don't know that it will help any further

mick ˇ c

Quote Originally Posted by R. Glenn
    Hi

As Cubasis 4 came with GPO I've been looking into it a bit and came across a couple of questionmarks.

First of all, I was wondering what the differences between Cubasis version 4 and 5 are. I looked at the Pinnacle Systems homepage and managed to find a "what's new?" link (http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsuppor...205&page_id=50), however, when pressing the link you keep getting back to the same page.

Second, I tried accessing the upgrade page from inside Cubasis 4 (Help -> Steinberg on the Web -> Updates/Downloads) but it justs ends up with a HTTP 404 - File not found message.

Finally, I also tried to register my copy of Cubasis 4 on the Pinnacle Systems website, but after a few entries it states: "Please enter your Cubasis VST version 4 serial number:" with the additional info stating: "You can find this information by selecting "About" in the "Help"-Menu of your software."

However, when I open this window in Cubasis there is no serial number shown anywhere.

All I want to know is: a) what are the differencies between Cubasis 4 vs 5...and b), how do I go about upgrading from version 4 to 5?

Am I missing something obvious here? Any info on this matter would be much appreciated.

Rodney
    Rodney...good luck. I tried several times to pursue this matter to no avail.
    It's like they don't want to do business.
    Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Mick and Jim...thank's for your replies. Much appreciated.

This is what the PR page says about Cubasis 5:

"Steinberg Cubasis VST version 5 - Professional Audio Mixer with Real-time effects -
    Compose songs, edit sounds, print your scores and burn your own CD with surround sound.

New features include: Professional mixer & a great variety of professional real-time effects (DeEsser, Amp/Speaker-Simulation "Combo", VSTDynamics -Compressor, Limiter, Noise Gate, Subbass Synthesizer, RezFilter), professional 4 band EQ with graphical editing, integrated LoudMax for professional mastering, Time Stretch tool directly in arrangement, more effect and instruments slots, MIDI Groove Control (incl. presets), sound editing, Mastering and CD-R software WaveLab Lite 2.5 and Master Unit. The product also includes Video Software Studio 8 LE."

Sounds interesting to me.

So the question remains...how do I go about upgrading my GPO Cubasis 4 to version 5?

Jim...I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems with this. Where did you check...on the Pinnacle/Steinberg side?

Perhaps someone in the GPO staff could inform us on this matter? After all...Cubasis is part of the GPO package so one would expect them to know something about this...or at least check it out with Pinnacle/Steinberg so customers get proper info.

Thank's in advance

Rodney

*bump*

Anyone?

It would also be interesting to know whether there's an upgrade path from the GPO Cubasis to other Cubase versions (such as SX for example).

Thank's in advance

Cheers

Rodney

*bumpety bump*

*bump*

Ok...here we go again. Gary and Tom have replied to several other posts since I posted this question.

I'd really like to get this answered, and I'm not the only one it seems. Would be very helpful to know what the deal is here.

Rodney,

You know what's funny? I looked into this when I originally bought GPO and the information was on Steinberg's/Pinnacle's web site. Now its not. Well, the information is partly there, but you can't do anything with it. The upgrade at the time wasn't too bad (still outside the realm of possibility for me), but there was one. However, I don't see any information about upgrading from VST 4 anymore (which rolled out with the original GPO.) I'm not even sure we can upgrade our copies since we don't have any registration information since our versions are OEM copies. I don't even think Steinberg is required to offer upgrade pricing because of this. However, that said, I could be wrong. I feel they'd be crazy not to offer some kind of upgrade discount. Even Geniesoft offers an upgrade from the SE version of Overture and plans to keep the upgrade price when the software goes to version 4. Interesting. I'll let Gary know to chime in on this post if he hasn't seen it already. Maybe he doesn't even know. He doesn't support the Cubase product included with GPO (it says so on the packaging and in the manual.) Maybe this question is better put to the folks at Cubase.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Glenn
    *bump*

Anyone?

It would also be interesting to know whether there's an upgrade path from the GPO Cubasis to other Cubase versions (such as SX for example).

Thank's in advance

Cheers

Rodney
    I have been looking for the so-called upgrade for Cubase Se to SX yet haven't had luck. Not to chime in on your post I just found it interesting several others are having the same such luck. Steinburg website was a nightmare to me. Other sites such as Zzounds claimed to have an upgrade but I could get an answer out of them. Maybe some one has the answer.
    Styxx

Styxx,

You can upgrade from SE to SL for $249.00.

The upgrade page is here...

http://apps.pinnaclesys.com/cdb/SUV2/default.aspx

Just click on step 2, click on the product you are upgrading from, and then click I agree and SL will appear in the shopping cart.

Go Back to forum