• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garbled Sound when playing too loud

Share/Bookmark

Garbled Sound when playing too loud

Here... try listen to this mp3.

www.marcussenmusic.com/error.mp3

You can hgere how the sound gets all weird when playing loadly - as if it clips. Strange thing is the volume meter in GS does not seem like its clipping at all.

First I thought it was a gigapulse error since it only occured with GP. But I think now it has to do with clipping somewhere...

But I cant figure it out.. any ideas?

Re: Garbled Sound when playing too loud

I have a similar problem, but mine does it at low levels as well. What are your system specs?

P4 3.00Ghz
    M-Audio Audiophile
    ASUS p400 mobo
    2 GB ram

Ok... I have some more info.

When I open the control panel for my m-audio card I can see that the audio clips in there. But I cant to anything about it... im not even playing at loud volume. Any ideas?

And an image to give you an idea of what I mean

www.marcussenmusic.com/error.JPG

notice how the meter in GS is far lower than the one in my audiophile control panel.

desperately in need of help

I solved my problem by simply uninstalling the souncard driver, and reinstalling.

Uninstall, restart, install, restart...it worked for me...

Hi,

I don't know if my suggestion will be helpful, but I switched my Audiophile to "Monitor Mixer" in the Patchbay/Router menu. That means I am able to control the volume with the "Master Volume" and the "Mixer Inputs" in the Monitor Mixer menu. With this setting I don't get the clipping, that you have and which is shown on the error.jpg picture.

I did a screenshot to show you my setup.

www.mijor.de/controlpanel.JPG

Hope this helps,
    Michael

Thanks that helped.... tried that before but went away from it since the recording volume into my mixer/sequncer is now extremely low.. very annoying.

I dont know what do do... when I record my tracks the volume gets recorded so low that when I Normalize I get tons of static in the background.

Perhaps your Windows volume is too quiet?! You can control your volume with the "Windows" volume control and the M-Audio control panel, if I am right.

www.mijor.de/win_volume.JPG

Michael

Go Back to forum