• Register
  • Help

Topic: problems with SAM solo sessions GS3 version

Share/Bookmark

problems with SAM solo sessions GS3 version

Hi There.

I just got my SAM Solo Sessions GS3 version today and I cannot open the installer file or the Winrar files. Weirdly enough, I can open the demo folders and audio example folders although my DVD drives (I've tried these discs on both my external DVD rom on my desktop and internal DVDrom on my Dell laptop to no avail) sound like they're trying to find the files.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: problems with SAM solo sessions GS3 version

I would suggest that in addition to the question here, you should also post it on the project sam forum.

Hey dcoscina,

it happened to me with my trumpets DVD, and I resolved it just changing DVD player, some models have difficulties to read Sam's ones.

Luca

Quote Originally Posted by Lux
    Hey dcoscina,

it happened to me with my trumpets DVD, and I resolved it just changing DVD player, some models have difficulties to read Sam's ones.

Luca
    Yeah, but I did try 2 separate DVD players. One was an external USB 2.0 and the other was built in to my Dell Laptop. Both couldn't read the files.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoscina
    Yeah, but I did try 2 separate DVD players. One was an external USB 2.0 and the other was built in to my Dell Laptop. Both couldn't read the files.
    hmmm, you could have a corrupted copy. I suggest you to contact Marteen at Project Sam to solve it.

Luca

I had a problem with that, but I couldn't copy the files from the dvd to my hard drive....Is that your problem??

It worked out fine when I copied one file at the time. Instead of copying ALL of the files...

Or are you saying the dvd player can't even read what's on the disc?

Quote Originally Posted by Audun_Jemtland
    I had a problem with that, but I couldn't copy the files from the dvd to my hard drive....Is that your problem??

It worked out fine when I copied one file at the time. Instead of copying ALL of the files...

Or are you saying the dvd player can't even read what's on the disc?
    sort of...I can read the Demo patches folder, the Audio demos folder and their contents..but both DVD players freeze up whenever I try to access the Installer program or Winrar files. I cannot even get to the point where I can download one file at a time (because they are compressed and under 1 file name). Very very frustrating.

Incidently, my DVDs look to be run-of-the-mill blank DVDs with a color printed label affixed to it. This seems suspect. My other SAM libraries have the printing embossed right into the disc (I also own SAM HOrns for GS 2.5 on Cd-Rom). I have no problems loading this. I also took my EWQLSO Silver DVD and plopped it into my DVd player and it ran with no problems. So to me, this is a software issue, not a hardware issue....but it's fustrating nonetheless. I do appreciate the feedback I've gotten though. Thanks guys!

I phoned House of Samples which is the online distributer that I purchased the library from. The customer service rep said he'd also contact Project SAM to figure this out...oyyyyyy

Dave,

How big are the files you are trying to read and what Operating System are you running?

I was reading an article the other day in Computer Music about USB Ultra Focus' > 2GB files, and the article mentioned that some older Windows OS can't read files that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    Dave,

How big are the files you are trying to read and what Operating System are you running?

I was reading an article the other day in Computer Music about USB Ultra Focus' > 2GB files, and the article mentioned that some older Windows OS can't read files that big.
    Well, I'm running Windows XP SP2. I actually tried running the USB DVD player on a friend's computer and oddly enough, it at least began to run the installer program but even on that computer the DVD player stopped and said that the disc or files were corrupt and unreadable.

Seriously, I honestly believe it's just the discs. I've now tried 3 separate computers and all using Windows XP home and Professional, all with the same results- nada. And my DVD roms run Quantum Leap stuff well and that's almost as big.

Go Back to forum