• Register
  • Help

Topic: Composer Channel: Preproduction to sell your CDs

Share/Bookmark

Composer Channel: Preproduction to sell your CDs

Hey, guys.

We're still looking good for a mid January launch of the radio station, and I'd like to have the CDs ready to ship before we launch so that listeners can immediately buy them. In case you missed it in previous posts, here's the link to information on how we'll sell CDs for you:
    http://www.showprogramming.com/ComposerCds.asp.

Here's what I need you to do today:

Mp3s are fine for online listening, but of course aren't CD quality. For either full or collection CDs that we'll create for you as they're sold, burn me either a standard redbook audio CD or a Windows data CD with .wav files of each of your songs. For CDs you've already manufactured, send me exactly 2 copies of each CD title. In both cases, mail them to:
    Show Programming
    P.O. Box 4873
    Canton, GA 30114

Please do not send me .wav files by email - you'll kill my server.

Also (and most importantly!) stick a piece of paper in with the CD and let me know who to make the checks out to and what address to mail them to each month that there are CD sales which include your songs. Also, of course, the full name of each song. I'll post more info here about cover art, etc. after we get in the CDs and start defining the collection and individual CDs.

My nature is to dream big, and I plan on working hard to promote the station once it's up. This program might not buy you that shiny new Ferrari you've been eyeing, but I'm hoping it will at least provide another steady stream of income for you that'll help you buy your favorite musical toys.

I need to get your wav files in by the end of the month, but earlier would be better. I know everyone's busy with the holidays now, but it would be great if you could take a moment, burn the CD and pop it in the mail this week!

Thanks!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: Composer Channel: Preproduction to sell your CDs

Christoher,

one question:
    one CD for every song (.wav)
    or could there be more wavs on one CD?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by avalongalaxy
    Christoher,

one question:
    one CD for every song (.wav)
    or could there be more wavs on one CD?

Thank you
    Hey, man.

Good question, I'm glad you brought it up since I didn't think to mention it. I haven't had enough coffee yet...

Pack as many .wavs on a CD as you can, they'll just be extracted to the replication computer anyway.
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thumbs up Re: Composer Channel: Preproduction to sell your CDs

I was wondering when you were going to bring this up!
    Dang, I just did 25 SeeDeez with 25 songs each with 25 backup songs on 25 SeeDeez!

BTW - Any suggestions on good mastering, mixing for optimum sound quality? Can I put some sounds of pops, crackles, and vinyl shushing to give it that old world 60's 70's flavor? Or maybe that old 20's 30's nasal sound. No? Yes? Ok, I'll just copy them all on this wax thingy I got from my great great great great grandfather, Philip W. Recorder. Story goes someone stole his idea before he could get a patent on it. I wonder who could that have been?

Sorry, this is good that you brought this up. No, wait....what do you want us to do?
    Styxx

What about Covers? Shall we send the covers on a 2nd CD? Already printed? In a file format? Which: BMP, JPG? Question, questions.....

Many thanks from me, Christopher: You are an amazing human being.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I was wondering when you were going to bring this up!
    Dang, I just did 25 SeeDeez with 25 songs each with 25 backup songs on 25 SeeDeez!

BTW - Any suggestions on good mastering, mixing for optimum sound quality? Can I put some sounds of pops, crackles, and vinyl shushing to give it that old world 60's 70's flavor? Or maybe that old 20's 30's nasal sound. No? Yes? Ok, I'll just copy them all on this wax thingy I got from my great great great great grandfather, Philip W. Recorder. Story goes someone stole his idea before he could get a patent on it. I wonder who could that have been?

Sorry, this is good that you brought this up. No, wait....what do you want us to do?
    If you want to make it sound like an old 78 rpm record, well, shucks, that might be just the gimmick that makes it sell...
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by musicpete
    What about Covers? Shall we send the covers on a 2nd CD? Already printed? In a file format? Which: BMP, JPG? Question, questions.....

Many thanks from me, Christopher: You are an amazing human being.
    Hey, man.

Haven't got to the cover stuff yet. I'll post about that when I get things a little further along.

I'm not sure if that qualifies for "Answers, answers", but...
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum