• Register
  • Help

Topic: NS Wedding - dubaifox & amanda falkenberg to be wed

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up NS Wedding - dubaifox & amanda falkenberg to be wed

Two Northern Sounds members - dubaifox (Paul Hopkins) & amanda falkenberg (real name) are getting married!

Paul and Amanda meet first each other at Hummie Manns Film composing course last summer. One of Pauls compositions "Space Aria" was featured in the GPO lecture during the course (I can see why Amanda may have been swept off her feet .) A few days ago Paul asked Amanda's hand in marriage, foolishly she has accepted.

Paul Hopkins is a Music Teacher at the American School of Dubai. Amanda is an Australian composer and recently completed a dramatic underscore for a French play by Jean Genet.

The wedding will take place in the Barossa Valley, Australia (where Amanda is from) on December the 31st 2004.

Let's all give Paul and Amanda our congratulations and our best wishes for a wonderful life together.

It doesn't get more romantic than Northern Sounds.

Gary Garritan

Re: First NS Wedding - dubaifox & amanda falkenberg to be wed

So are we all invited or what?

Congratulations Paul and Amanda. I wish you the very best in your life together. Getting married was the single most significant and wonderful occurance in my life and I wish the same for both of you.

Well, how about that,
    very cool!
    Congratulations!

Congrats!

Rock on! It's the toughest job you'll ever love...
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Re: NS Wedding - dubaifox & amanda falkenberg to be wed

Wow! Congratulations!

The very first time I thought maybe, JUST MAYBE Amanda might be interested in me was when Hummie Mann announced,

"Tomorrow, we will have a very special guest. Gary Garritan will be here to show us GPO"

Amanda knew I used the program, and it was then, for the first time she leaned over, whispered in my ear in a hushed tone so no-one else would hear, "Can I sit next to you during the GPO demonstration in case I have any questions?"

My head swooned and my knees buckled (even though I was sitting down)
    A beautiful woman whipering anything in my ear is pretty alright, but when she used those three letters "G....P......O......" in her cute Australian accent, I was shaken to the core.

The combination of invigorating classes, incredible music software, fabulous/interesting people and inspiring movies being watched was all a very romantic beginning for Amanda and I.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone and especially Gary for posting his wonderful announcement. And to Hummie Mann for unknowingly presiding over the very early stages of our life together.

Click below and you should see our Wedding card:

https://www.mycardmaker.com/flash.ht...Key=vF6MdJaqsT

Paul

And Yes Joe YOU ARE ALL INVITED!!!

Kangaroo Stew, Emu Steaks and Koala Cakes all washed down with some of South Australia's BEST champagne. (And if you know anything about the Barossa Valley Vinyards, you know it is pretty special stuff!!)

WOW Congrats! Many happy years to come

Paul & Amanda,

Have a great wedding day today and a wonderful years filled with happiness.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum