• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: X-Treme FX is great!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up X-Treme FX is great!

I just got my copy of USB's X-Treme FX and am thrilled with it! Lots of super cool sounds FX right in a VST. Best purchase i've made in a long time! Worth every penny.

All the very best,

Darren

Re: X-Treme FX is great!

Its like you read my mind. I was just looking at buying X-Treme FX for a film project but was waiting for some reviews. It took me forty hours to download the demo version from the slow French website, but I was impressed with the few (16) presets they give out.

Could you breakdown what specifically you like about it and what you are using it for?

Thanks,
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Edward,

I just got it but first I'll try and help. I just used it on a small animation I did. I needed some sort of electrical pulse sound and there's a ton of them in XTFX. I also used some of the SCI-FI bangs as a drum kit. I was jazzed when I got Stormdrum but this thing may be my primary percussion instrument.

It also has a ton of real world sounds like doors, airplanes, etc. I love the old Pink Floyd stuff where they stick an airport PA message etc in the music and XTFX has some of that as well.

I recently got $3500 worth of sound effects libraries and while I'm sure they cover a lot more bases than XTFX there no where near as convenient.

As with all of these new VST's I wish I had time to sit down and explore them more. If there's a fault with XTFX it's that there are too many sounds! (and that's not a fault at all.

If you do commercials, movies, etc this is a no brainer. I can't wait to marry it with EWQL Gold and come up with some wierd stuff!!!

All the very best,

Darren

Hmm .. Cant find there web-site ? Fellow NS`s,guide me... Rich

Sounds great. Any sense of how it compliments or overlaps with Atmosphere?

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick
    Edward,

I just got it but first I'll try and help. I just used it on a small animation I did. I needed some sort of electrical pulse sound and there's a ton of them in XTFX. I also used some of the SCI-FI bangs as a drum kit. I was jazzed when I got Stormdrum but this thing may be my primary percussion instrument.

It also has a ton of real world sounds like doors, airplanes, etc. I love the old Pink Floyd stuff where they stick an airport PA message etc in the music and XTFX has some of that as well.

I recently got $3500 worth of sound effects libraries and while I'm sure they cover a lot more bases than XTFX there no where near as convenient.

As with all of these new VST's I wish I had time to sit down and explore them more. If there's a fault with XTFX it's that there are too many sounds! (and that's not a fault at all.

If you do commercials, movies, etc this is a no brainer. I can't wait to marry it with EWQL Gold and come up with some wierd stuff!!!

All the very best,

Darren

Aplanchard,

It doesn't have very many "musical" sounds. (i.e. that you can play a chord on) Think filmatic, cutting edge sound effects. Atmosphere is a wonderful music making synth. Together you could produce some killer, haunting landscapes, or an over the top Sci-Fi, techo tune. (Perhaps I'll give that a go myself!)

If you can only afford one, you'd have to decide which one compliments your current set up best.

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Number Six
    thanks 6!!! Rich

Sounds like I found my next purchase

Thanks for the referal!

Where did you buy this and for how much? I haven't found a place in the US with it in stock?
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Go Back to forum