• Register
  • Help

Topic: SOS...Reinstalling >>>Too many authorizations?

Share/Bookmark

SOS...Reinstalling >>>Too many authorizations?

After erasing and restoring my computer I'm trying to reinstall/register GPO but the NI registration site tells me I have too many authorizations.

Where do I go from here? It gives the option of deleting one authorization, but seems to state that the software then can't be reinstalled on that computer again. At any rate I don't really want to remove it from my laptop.

To add to the frustration I need to have this up and running again fairly soon.

Thanks much

I will post this on other boards in hopes to catch someone's eye and get quickest response.

Re: SOS...Reinstalling >>>Too many authorizations?

Quote Originally Posted by pgurnee
    After erasing and restoring my computer I'm trying to reinstall/register GPO but the NI registration site tells me I have too many authorizations.

Where do I go from here? It gives the option of deleting one authorization, but seems to state that the software then can't be reinstalled on that computer again. At any rate I don't really want to remove it from my laptop.

To add to the frustration I need to have this up and running again fairly soon.

Thanks much

I will post this on other boards in hopes to catch someone's eye and get quickest response.
    As part of installing GPO, you get a system ID code. Is the problem that your system ID code is different from what it was before you erased and restored your computer? If so, then I believe that as far as NI is concerned, it's a different computer, which means that uninstalling it on the old "computer" (i.e. system ID code) shouldn't hurt.

Perhaps someone who is more knowledgeable than I can confirm this belief.

You are correct Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    As part of installing GPO, you get a system ID code. Is the problem that your system ID code is different from what it was before you erased and restored your computer? If so, then I believe that as far as NI is concerned, it's a different computer, which means that uninstalling it on the old "computer" (i.e. system ID code) shouldn't hurt.

Perhaps someone who is more knowledgeable than I can confirm this belief.
    I had the problem of a new computer ID, re-registered, sending the information about the drive format, and also included the previous authorization data. I had to do it twice, because my system crashed again before I could get a backup made. NI was prompt both times, no trouble at all. Registration arrived on the second day both times.

If you have a good total system backup, when the need to restore arises, you will maintain your system ID. That also happened during my agony of searching for the source of my crashes. All was restored, including all registration & authorization keys.

Richard

Go Back to forum