• Register
  • Help

Topic: SOS...Reinstalling >>>Too many authorizations?

Share/Bookmark

SOS...Reinstalling >>>Too many authorizations?

After erasing and restoring my computer I'm trying to reinstall/register GPO but the NI registration site tells me I have too many authorizations.

Where do I go from here? It gives the option of deleting one authorization, but seems to state that the software then can't be reinstalled on that computer again. At any rate I don't really want to remove it from my laptop.

To add to the frustration I need to have this up and running again fairly soon.

Thanks

I will post this on other boards in hopes to catch someone's eye and get quickest response.

Re: SOS...Reinstalling >>>Too many authorizations?

[QUOTE=pgurnee]After erasing and restoring my computer I'm trying to reinstall/register GPO but the NI registration site tells me I have too many authorizations.

You can use the software for thirty days without authorization. They have a online support form to try and get this straightened out. If their reply is unsatisfactory you can call them at 1-323-467-2693.

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS USA
    5631 A Hollywood Boulevard,
    Los Angeles, CA 90028
    USA

[QUOTE=fastlane]
    Quote Originally Posted by pgurnee
    After erasing and restoring my computer I'm trying to reinstall/register GPO but the NI registration site tells me I have too many authorizations.

You can use the software for thirty days without authorization. They have a online support form to try and get this straightened out. If their reply is unsatisfactory you can call them at 1-323-467-2693.

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS USA
    5631 A Hollywood Boulevard,
    Los Angeles, CA 90028
    USA
    Thanks - I somehow knew there wasn't reason to panic but couldn't seem to help myself slipping into the melodramatic mode.

Question, when after you erased everything and reinstalled, did you delete the old authorization you had for that computer? If you already had two authorizations and one of them was for that computer, if you delete the old one you'll have room for the new authorization.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by pgurnee
    Thanks - I somehow knew there wasn't reason to panic but couldn't seem to help myself slipping into the melodramatic mode.
    I lost a authorization when I upgraded another music application. I mailed them about my consern over their statement,"three free authorizations". They replied that they would give me more when I used my third. I hope NI will be as flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by tgfoo
    Question, when after you erased everything and reinstalled, did you delete the old authorization you had for that computer? If you already had two authorizations and one of them was for that computer, if you delete the old one you'll have room for the new authorization.

This is the actual statement from the NI page where you make the choice to unregister your computer:

"Please note that you cannot reactivate a hardware profile once it has been deactivated."

I'll wait til I hear from NI.

Thanks

I dunno. It's always worked for me with NI products, but it is safer to just wait for an official NI response.
    Tim

Go Back to forum