• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO goes Gospel!!

Share/Bookmark

GPO goes Gospel!!

Here's something different!

This is a trio called Rhyme And Reason. They had this piano track from a couple years ago. The song is "Who Am I" and I think it was originally done by a group called Casting Crowns.
    They wanted to add something that wouldn't detract too much from the piano. Since I had been watching the new Marx Bros. DVD set (seriously!!) I thought, "Wow!! Harp!!" So of course I used Gary's GigaHarp. Well, they dug it but thought it might be a little out there for their audience. (!!!) The word "chinese" came up. They said cello would be great. As recounted in another thread I said I didn't have a good solo cello and literally about that minute GPO came in the mail. So I loaded it up and did this- pretty much straight out of the box, no manual reading That's just to testify how easy and intuitive GPO is to use.

BTW, the final mix will not have the harp so this is the only time it will ever be heard. And of course, you won't spread this around, will you!! Because it is copyritten material. I just thought some of you might get a kick out of GPO in this setting.

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fred...%20Reason).mp3

Re: GPO goes Gospel!!

Oh my. Beautiful. Too bad the harp can't stay. The cello sounds amazing. And it is a testament of your ability as well. Outstanding. I'm speechless really. Go Fred!

Still listening. Amazing. Man, you need to work triple time and enter the contest.

LOVELY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Oh my. Beautiful. Too bad the harp can't stay. The cello sounds amazing. And it is a testament of your ability as well. Outstanding. I'm speechless really. Go Fred!
    Well, the piano is the great part, IMO. I wish I could provide the name of the guy who played it but I have no idea. "Twas not I!!

Thanks you for the kind words though!! GPO (and GigaHarp) is doing the beautiful sound- I just pound the keys *lol*

Nah, give yourself some credit. The cello mixed so well in the piece. It was lively and beautiful. Very realistically realized IMO. I'm glad you joined us finally. You're a testament to the quality attainable with GPO.

Wow! That cello simply GELS with the piano (and yes that is some nice piana pickin'!).

Okay, enough forum reading, Fredo, you and mesa need to get BUSY!! That's RIGHT NOW MISTER! I just hate it when I have time to read the forum but don't have time right now to work on gospel orchestral stuff (like I need to be)....arrrgh.

Ooh...their doing multipart harmony and man they sound good!

Great track man (and while I certainly won't spread it around at all, it will DEFINITELY be stashed away in my private collection. heh heh..).
    Kevin B. Selby
    http://kevinselby.com <-- Public site
    http://kevinselby.com/gpo <--My music catalog FREE to GPO users: username: gpo - pword: garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. Selby
    Okay, enough forum reading, Fredo, you and mesa need to get BUSY!! That's RIGHT NOW MISTER!
    Well, they should start a new album in earnest in January and I think it would be best for someone other than me to do the piano parts. SO... that's my plan

And Joseph stop, I'm blushing

Just beautiful! Nice job, Man. Life-like cello!

Regards,

Larry A.

Thumbs up Re: GPO goes Gospel!!

Very beautiful indeed, man!! Congrats!
    The cello part fits perfectly, and it was masterfully sequenced too.

Anton

Thumbs up Re: GPO goes Gospel!!

This reminds me of something Larnel Harris or possibly Michael W. Smith sung, or did he sing this at one time? This is quite lovely and I agree the cello sounds great. The whole song is wonderful!
    Very nice and sorry if I spelled Larnel's name wrong.
    Nice, very nice...
    Styxx

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast