• Register
  • Help

Topic: DP4 and reinstalling questions

Share/Bookmark

DP4 and reinstalling questions

(iMac G5/1.8GHz/2GIGS RAM/Sibelius/GPO)

I'm reinstalling everything after having erased/reinstalled my iMac G5 on Apple support's advice.

The original problems were occasional kernel panics/apps unexpectedly quitting, etc. and then yesterday I installed DP4.12 and problems increased markedly.

The process of repairing disk turned up the mysterious phrase 'keys out of order' and I was told to erase/restore my computer, then reinstall all third party apps one at a time and run disk repair to determine which might be the culprit.

So far Sibelius and my interface and keyboard drivers have passed snuff.

Q: Should I reinstall GPO and GPO Studio from the original disks or go straight to the updates from the web?

Q: and is anyone else having similar problems with DP?

The rub here is that I'm trying to assist a friend who's up against time getting a something in for a ballet production, and I suggested GPO which he's become very enthused about, but he works in an older version of DP which won't work with GPO.

It would be nice to know if others are having success(or not) with the DP/GPO combination on Mac.

And of course any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: DP4 and reinstalling questions

I just recently upgraded to DP 4.5, but I did install GPO while I was using 4.12 with no problems at all. Not that this helps your situation, but I did want to let you know that GPO works great with a G4 dual 1 ghz machine, and two gigs of ram.
    DPDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I just recently upgraded to DP 4.5, but I did install GPO while I was using 4.12 with no problems at all. Not that this helps your situation, but I did want to let you know that GPO works great with a G4 dual 1 ghz machine, and two gigs of ram.
    DPDan
    Thanks DPDAN -

My friend's computer is also dual G4 and I think 1.25 GHz. I may try 4.5 on my machine and if that works may try his. It's all rather chancey as time to rehearsals is very short.

Thanks again

I know what you mean, hope you get it going soon!

Quote Originally Posted by pgurnee
    (iMac G5/1.8GHz/2GIGS RAM/Sibelius/GPO)

I'm reinstalling everything after having erased/reinstalled my iMac G5 on Apple support's advice.

Q: Should I reinstall GPO and GPO Studio from the original disks or go straight to the updates from the web?

Thanks
    I just experienced a similar problem with my PC. Had to format the hard drive and start over. Install first from the orignal set, then add the update. If using GPO Studio, you won't need to install the old one first.

Aside: I had a cracked disk, Gary promptly provided a replacement.

CAVEAT: The computer will have a new fingerprint, and require re-registration. Send email to:

register@native-instruments.com

explaining why re-registration is necessary, providing as much detail as you have about serial numbers, previous registration data, and new fingerprint data. You can operate for 30 days without registration. Drawback is you will get reminders all over the place. Gary mentioned to me about the possibility of using your second registration, but I don't understand about that. He suggested calling Jeff for help in setup. (Jeff Hurchalla, if I guess right, and spelled the last name right.) He is listed here somewhere as moderator, and has other GPO credentials, so he should be easy to find.

I chose to re-install and re-register, did it this afternoon, and was running in an hour or so, and sent the re-registration data to Kontakt.

Richard

pgurnee,

If these problems persist then you might have a bad HD. Apple's utilities are not the best or most accurate for diagnosis and repair. Go to alsoft.com and check out Disk Warrior. I have used it and it is pretty amazing in what it can do.

Go Back to forum