• Register
  • Help

Topic: Personal Orchestra sample data question...

Share/Bookmark

Personal Orchestra sample data question...

I've been searching the net for an appropriate orchestral sample collection. So far the "Personal Orchestra" seems to be pretty much what I'm looking for both in content and price. However, I only require basic sample data, such as individual .wav files for each note.

Is it possible to easily use the "Personal Orchestra" sounds in this manner, or is one limited to using it as a "virtual instrument"?

Re: Personal Orchestra sample data question...

Hello!

As far as I know, GPO's samples are not available in .WAV-format. The whole concept of it is to NOT make us composers bother with .wav-files and have a virtual instrument to work with.

And I have to add that GPO not only succeeds 100% in this cathegory, but it also by far exceeds anything I have worked with before. Especially since the update... I am still in awe when working with those strings.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Quote Originally Posted by number_six
    I've been searching the net for an appropriate orchestral sample collection. So far the "Personal Orchestra" seems to be pretty much what I'm looking for both in content and price. However, I only require basic sample data, such as individual .wav files for each note.

Is it possible to easily use the "Personal Orchestra" sounds in this manner, or is one limited to using it as a "virtual instrument"?
    I can't imagine any reason why you would like to overide GPO programming... I mean, GPO marvellous programming... IMHO this is just what makes this library so special.

Anton

I agree with Anton: Personally I would be VERY interested to hear how you plan to to use the .wav samples. Please don't take this as dissing your intentions!! I am simply genuinely interested.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Quote Originally Posted by musicpete
    I agree with Anton: Personally I would be VERY interested to hear how you plan to to use the .wav samples. Please don't take this as dissing your intentions!! I am simply genuinely interested.
    I wish to use them in SuperConductor software, simply because the built-in samples are pretty poor. To me, SuperConductor still offers the most realistic "performances" of any music software today.

Can you select different midi outputs in SuperConductor? I'm not familiar with it and they don't have a demo of the software. I would say that as long as you can select alternate midi outputs and that the software will recognize new midi outputs when they are installed, then you should have a problem.

And then you can be the resident expert on SuperConductor with GPO.

Quote Originally Posted by number_six
    I wish to use them in SuperConductor software, simply because the built-in samples are pretty poor. To me, SuperConductor still offers the most realistic "performances" of any music software today.
    number_six,

SuperConductor is incredible. It was far ahead of its time. I have spoken with Manfed, the inventor of SuperConductor, a number of times. He is a genius and has been an inspiration.

Gary Garritan

number_six -

There are many solutions for using either SuperConductor or the ideas from SuperConductor with a vst like GPO.

First you can use the Demo version of Chainer to export vst to wav (unlooped).

http://www.xlutop.com/html/chainer.html

Even better is to use the SuperConductor export to midi function ( a little tricky to get the settings right). SuperC will produce a nice tempo map and some expressive velocity settings. Unfortunately, volume changes that occur during a note's duration will be lost. Then with this new midi file, one can import into a sequencer of choice and playback using the usual vst arrangement.

How computer and/or midi/sequencer savvy are you? What functions in SuperC do you find the most useful?

I have also incorporated a few of the most basic concepts in SuperC into a KeyKit program, that imports/exports midi files siutable for GPO.

A result can be found at this thread:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=27575

(Warning - the flute got a little bright)

If you want more information, please PM me.

YBaCuO

Go Back to forum