• Register
  • Help

Topic: new rock tune using some samples

Share/Bookmark

new rock tune using some samples

http://www.myspace.com/brokenbydefault

Timebomb

Uses some storm drums and HCB BT Breakz, as well as other stuff upcoming

guitars are real, I'm actually editing and recording more for my guitar lib right now, just thought I'd post and say "hi"
    Operation Mindcrime 2, in stores now.
    or go here...
    The Digital Bitphonic Orchestra
    -Ashif "Ash" Hakik

Re: new rock tune using some samples

Cool piece King, nice production also...the sound is powerful

Like it!
    Luca

What's up King, long time no 'hear" ...

I like the tune.. cool! Sorta' reminds me of Stabbing Westward.. I like the mix of electronic and heavy, like the changes etc.

Sorry,,,, but not the mix... and not the drum programming, or sound of them, not compressed enough etc IMO

I'd like to remix it / change the drums... What do you think? Maybe you could send it to me and I'll do it when I have free time just for the hell of it. Not that you'd have to use, It's just that I put my producer/engineer cap on when I hear your stuff.. I always think the music is cool!

The vocals need to be better placed too... although, I saw that it's a demo. just giving my impression. I think it's written well, just needs more work to be "killer" ...ya know?

BTW-- where the hell ya been dude?

KID-

thanks guys

Kid, I actually tried a completely different approach on this tune, I found that I was fighting for space when I over compressed the drums so I went for more "studio" kit sound rather than a huge over compressed sound. It seemed to allow it to play better than the super compression I was doing before, plus it laid nicely over the electro percussion on the bottom. The other tunes I've been tweaking with I kept over compressing the drums cuz I loved the sound of it but overall it kept making the mix seem less punchy. Its kinda funny but if you listen to something like "more human than human" from Zombie the drums sound like ~~~, but the track itself has tons of room to pump with all the electronics. I'm finding htat the more electronics I put it the more I have to stay away from traditional "rock" drums ideals, otherwise I have to thin out the sound too much anyway to make it cut through. I still want the kick to pump ore tho so I will be turning it up more and possibly compressing it a tiny bit more, I wont be doing it to the snare/toms tho I like how clean they are they are. Tho I'm not super happy with the snare sound overall, it does fit the verses and the bridge.

I agree that the vox need to be placed more tho, I'm jsut a bit hasty to get new stuff out there, and to be honest until I do a full CD I really dont care much right now. I also want to add one more synth and tweak the verbage on some of the vox, but as it is I'm cool with the tune, it represents the song.

I'm cool with sending you tracks tho. The drums are simple programming for the most part no nuances added but I think it works nicely until you look at it from a drummers perspective, and to be honest, I'm not gonna do that until I track live drums on this stuff. Not worth the hassle, I've got a killer drummer lined upso thatparts taken care of, and when I get some $$$ I'll prolly track them at Studio D or The Plant. THATS when we can worry about drum tones and playing!!

As for where I've been, away from most places you guys hang out. Trying to get my head on straight. I miss this place tons, but I've felt like its sort of like trying to stay in a bad relationship when I hang out here or anywhere else that the players in this community hang about. Too many games. I'd rather make music and make killer samples.

I'm broke tho so if you got any work you want to throw my way via your wife I'd appreciate it!
    or go here...
    -Ashif "Ash" Hakik

Talking Re: new rock tune using some samples

BTW which tune were you listening to? I jsut want to make sure we're on the same page.

cuz I hate teh way the drums sound in "so much" and that song is way more Stabbing than "timebomb" which I guess is more linkin park meets incubus
    or go here...
    -Ashif "Ash" Hakik

Yep it was the right song.... :-)

I listened closer this time... it's really mostly the cymbals that get in they way for me. They just don't work IMO. I'd like to hear a more natural hat and cymbals. A hat that's more open that doesn't choke off, but I don't like the quality of the cymbals really (I think I have that lib too.. just don't like it usd right there is all )

I know what you mean about over compressing the drums and making your whole mix space collapses to nothing. I totally agree with that logic, it's what I think too. So yeah, I know exactly what you mean... ;-)

But mainly I'm referring to getting a handle on the cymbals... DFH would sound bitchen on that!

Oh you're gonna track real drums? Well, maybe you don't care so much then what I think???

yeah I think it's a good representation of the tune, but uh -------> perfectionist. HI King

No really it's fine for now, but that's what I'd fix if it were mine... the more important thing is that I like the music!!! But you know how we are when we hear music. It's hard not to think about ways to make it better... OUR version of better....

King, once I get to the point of having scraps to toss around you are the fist dude on my looooong list ........................ to call about having my ride detailed. King please do a good job, will ya?

Oh and, I know how much gas it had....

J/K bro ;-)

Oh, but yeah I know what you mean about hang'n places...

KID-

BTW--- would you mind burning me an MP3 with no vocals... I just think it'd be fun to mess around with it, since I'm too lazy to write my OWN tune... although, it'd just be for 'me' to mess around with and have fun, wouldn't show anyone or post it etc (wouldn't show you unless you wanted to hear it).... just personal use.

Wouldn't be trying to change your song if you know what I mean... I just think it'd be cool to see what we'd sound like in a band together, if I was the singer. ;p We're very similar in that respect , I think (band music). Kinda dark etc...

If you ain't into that.. no worries... seriously.

KID-

honestly I'm not a big fan of the hats either, I think the only lib that I'd be happy with is SID regarding those, or making my own hat lib.

maybe last libs too, have to read more about it or talk to alan.

We'll talk more about sending you the music later. I think we should let teh tune settle in with the both of us first.
    or go here...
    -Ashif "Ash" Hakik

Thumbs up Re: new rock tune using some samples

Hey King,

Distorted guitars isn't normally my genre, but I like your songwriting! Good job.

Hans

Go Back to forum