• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Solitude" (Cello only)

Share/Bookmark

"Solitude" (Cello only)

All,

This is "Solitude", a cello solo piece.

I used the GPO "wet" Cello KS sample. Switching from arco to pizz was made simple by using the key switching feature.

Even though I own the full version of Kontakt, I used the Kontakt player that comes with GPO.

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/Solitude.mp3

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander

Thumbs up Re: "Solitude" (Cello only)

Larry - -

Welcome back! Glad that you got through your "short time off" with open heart surgery (my daily nightmare, frankly!) and are back with us. I loved the cello piece -- but it doesn't seem much like "Solitude" to me (as much as a big of a frenzy -- but a definitely nice frenzy). Is the comedian's title at work here (or am I missing this entirely!)?

In any case, nice work and glad to have you back!

KevinKauai

Re: "Solitude" (Cello only)

Nice piece. Very neo-Baroque! I must say that the pizz part would be pretty hard on the old index finger if the cellist wasn't used to it! I like it though. Good form and use of pizz and arco.

Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Unhappy Re: "Solitude"

Thanks, y'all.

It's obvious that I am still trying to learn how to use GPO and I have a LOT to learn.

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander
    Tyler, Texas - USA

Larry,

As I posted before about this piece. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think the title refers to it being a solo cello piece. There's a lot of life in this piece and the GPO cello sounds wonderul.

Once again, well done Larry. I'm looking forward to hearing your works here.

Quote Originally Posted by neoTypic
    Very nice! Very realistic in the lower range and pizzicato. The only thing that bothered me is that it's set almost all the way to the right speaker and since it's a solo piece it feels to me that it could be a bit more centered.
    In my sequencer software I panned it directly in the center. I just noticed that on the Kontakt player I inadvertently panned it far right for some reason. Evidently the Kontakt player settings take precedence over my sequencer. I learned something new.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander
    Tyler, Texas - USA

Thumbs up Re: "Solitude" (Cello only)

Awe.... ! Bravo! Bravo! Encore! This is an awesome work of art! You did a fantastic job balancing pizzicato with bowed! This will be a great contribution to the Composer's Station. Hope you've submitted!
    Styxx

Talking Re: "Solitude" (Cello only)

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Awe.... ! Bravo! Bravo! Encore! This is an awesome work of art! You did a fantastic job balancing pizzicato with bowed! This will be a great contribution to the Composer's Station. Hope you've submitted!
    Yes, I have submitted it to that forum.

Thanks for listening, O Great Drummer Person. I appreciate your encouraging words!

Regards,

Larry A.

Go Back to forum