• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: SampleTekk opens Direct Download Store Section!

Share/Bookmark

SampleTekk opens Direct Download Store Section!

SampleTekk now opens the DirectDownload store section!
    This makes it possible for you to download the samples directly after buying them.Most of the products available as DirectDownloads will come in several different versions and sizes.
    We start up with three instruments and many more will be added soon !

Check them out HERE!

Marimbas
    This Musser marimba was recorded in Studio Kuling. This studio has a room specially designed for recording acoustic instruments. The room itself combined with top of the line studio equiptment gives this marimba a sound and playability places the instrument in the very top of sampled percussion. Recorded in stereo and using three different mallets for different sounds.

Harpsichord
    This harpsichord was recorded in Studio Kuling using two Neuman KM84 microphones. All samples are stereo and full envelopes, no loops! Releasesamples was recorded separately to give the instrument the typical sound that a harpsichord produces when a key is released.

Pump Organ
    The Pump Organ. A small organ where air is pumped using your feet. Common in small chapels and schools 40-50 years ago. A small, simple organ with tons of charm! Nothing you would play the Toccata on, but try some Tom Waits songs!

Hope you'll like them!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: SampleTekk opens Direct Download Store Section!

See Worra, you said Tom Waits. That's all I had to hear. I'll be buying that Pump Organ if you don't mind.

Yep, just looked at the price. Be buying that when I get home. Thanks Worra!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    See Worra, you said Tom Waits. That's all I had to hear. I'll be buying that Pump Organ if you don't mind.
    I'll remember to send Tom his share....
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Yep, just looked at the price. Be buying that when I get home. Thanks Worra!
    Since there are no packing/shipping/handling costs involved, we could really drop the price on these. Now, let's see how this works!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Very promising indeed. I would suggest that you provide future libraries with chromatic mapping. Minor thirds are ok for marimbas and harpsichords, but for brass and woodwind, and perhaps even pianos, it's a bit of a stretch these days.

For broadband users like myself, the 3X file size for chromatic instruments wouldn't really be a problem. You might as well go the whole way (your bandwidth permitting) and map the whole compass.

In any event, this is an exciting development. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Dudley Simpson
    Very promising indeed. I would suggest that you provide future libraries with chromatic mapping. Minor thirds are ok for marimbas and harpsichords, but for brass and woodwind, and perhaps even pianos, it's a bit of a stretch these days.

For broadband users like myself, the 3X file size for chromatic instruments wouldn't really be a problem. You might as well go the whole way (your bandwidth permitting) and map the whole compass.

In any event, this is an exciting development. Good luck.
    Thanks!
    The biggest Marimba version ARE chromatic mapped. Now, these are big files, the 24 bit versions are 100Mb packed, so the marimba also comes in smaller versions for people who don't have fast connections.
    The upcoming libraries will be done in the same way, that is, chromatic sampled and then there will be smaller versions available.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Great! You might want to put that info upfront on the page - the word 'chromatic' is always a good selling point, and I, for one, raise an eyebrow if it's absent.Cheers

Are there any marimba demos?

Hi Worra, If I consider getting some of those online sounds is it possible to pay via European bank transfer with IBAN & SWIFT codes? You're based in Sweden right?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast