• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga Registration Email Problems?

Share/Bookmark

Giga Registration Email Problems?

Just wanted to know if anyone was getting mass emails from Tascam about registration.

I just re-installed the program (after my computer took a dive) and sent off for a different reg key. Had 30 messeges from tascam, 15 with the same reg key, 15 about "special offers"

What's up with this?

Re: Giga Registration Email Problems?

Same here, after reinstalling my new box ! Nothing to worry ... Somebody at tascam must have clicked too fast

JGS

My problem is that Tascam sends NO EMAILS including the CD key which is supposed to be emailed when you buy the GS3 upgrade from them.

I have emailed and called TEAC at least 4 times. The reply: 'We'll send it out within 45 minutes'.

24 hours later- no CD key- no email!

How can this company stay in business?

Will GS 3 still boot when the 10 day authorization runs out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Tron
    My problem is that Tascam sends NO EMAILS including the CD key which is supposed to be emailed when you buy the GS3 upgrade from them.

I have emailed and called TEAC at least 4 times. The reply: 'We'll send it out within 45 minutes'.

24 hours later- no CD key- no email!

How can this company stay in business?

Will GS 3 still boot when the 10 day authorization runs out?
    I would assume that GS3 will NOT run after the 10 day period. Otherwise, the idea of authorization would be meaninless.

My suggestion: Call Tascam if you are having problems authorizing via email

Operational Support:

(323) 727-7617
    Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
    U.S. Pacific Standard Time.

They sent it to the wrong email adress. Good Grief!

Anyway, persistence does pay off I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Tron
    They sent it to the wrong email adress. Good Grief!
    I assume they sent it to the email that you registered with GS2.5.

I was in a similar situation (changed emails), so I had Tascam change my "official" email prior to the release of GS3.

Yeah took me a bit to realize my CD key was emailed to me.

BTW when connecting to tascam's phone line, be persistant. Call, ask for Chris. He apparently is their only phone tech guy. WHY??? Dunno, tascam is stupid. But I imagine that Chris with all of us annoying users, may not be working there much longer....

Tascam has become my Nemesys........

Oh and yes, giga will NOT boot after the 10 day. I tried to get into the reg and delet all the giga related files, to no avail. Even tried to reinstall GS2.5, but that crashed. Other than formating/install windows again, you're stuck until you get the email, and when you do, you'll know.

You'll log into your webpage... and BAM

123 Unread messages.... 122 from tascam, 1 from your mother, asking about tascam.

Cheers!

Go Back to forum