• Register
  • Help

Topic: Symphony No 1, Movement 1

Share/Bookmark

Symphony No 1, Movement 1

Here is another sample. I am getting better at recording recording the orchestra pieces in two or three chunks and putting them together:

Symphony No. 1, Movement 1
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Re: Symphony No 1, Movement 1

Beautiful melodies! Wonderful piece! I love the harmonies! A couple notes of it sound like the Titanic theme . . . But that's not bad! I really love this work, I can't wait for the other movements, brilliant work!

Any chance you will provide the score for this piece? Do you plan to enter this to the orchestration competition? I think you should . . . it sounds great . . .

BTW, your webpage is nice, it seems you have quite a list of accomplishments! It's great to have you among us.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thanks for the compliments.

It's unusual percussion instrumentation tends to prohibit it from competition. That, and I like to use the competitions as an excuse to write new music.

I may post the other three movements, but I have to make sure I am not using up all of my webspace.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Yes, I meant to comment on the percussion . . . it is unusual, but it still works great.

If you need webspace, I've got a lot of room if you ever need it. I've got about 500 megabytes that I'm not going to use up anytime soon . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thanks for the offer!
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

Go Back to forum